Everton Youth Teams Thread

25 mins each way and 3 games in 1 day doesn't sound like a very professional tournament.

Its very normal for underage teams although they are a bit shorter than normal.

There’s a limit to how much football youth player can play in 1 day though so they have to schedule accordingly depending on the age of the players.

we lost that 1st game by that 2-1 score v FC St. Pauli,games are 25min each halfs this cup dont forget
2nd game was 0-0 v Fortuna Düsseldorf,we are bottom of the group at min
3rd game was also 0-0 v Anderlecht,what could be the final game of this cup for Everton is today at 5pm v Dinamo Zagreb who have 2 wins from 2,we are still bottom [5th], even 3rd place leads to a game tomorrow

Everton have just won the 4th game 1-0 v previously unbeaten Dinamo Zagreb and means Everton end 3rd ,A Rhys Hughes goal wins it
that result also means we now have a game tomorrow at 12.30 for the 3rd place v Japan Highschool Selection if i am right

Edit
And it is as its updated as i posted

I think you are probably right mate. I know @Eggs has mentioned this a lot, but generally the best youth prospects don't really get sent on loan, we didn't with Stones and I doubt we would have done. I see similar with Gibson.

My view on Feeney is that I am not sure he will be quite big/strong enough to make it with us. I really hope I am wrong as I think having a boyhood Evertonian, who sat in the Gwladys Street playing for our defence would be fantastic. He is also a proper leader and organiser in the way Carragher used to for Liverpool, and it would make an enormous difference but the comparison to Peter Clarke from yesteryear (and even a lad called Mark Hughes) may be more where he is heading.

In a strange way I am more optimistic for young Astley than Feeney.
I don't think guys like Stones/Holgate are a fair comparison for our own youth players, or ones who came in at a young age, when talking about loans. They came in at a later age and had already played open age football, so we'd already seen them in that environment and didn't necessarily need to send them on loan to get the same info we need on other players.

I don't think guys like Stones/Holgate are a fair comparison for our own youth players, or ones who came in at a young age, when talking about loans. They came in at a later age and had already played open age football, so we'd already seen them in that environment and didn't necessarily need to send them on loan to get the same info we need on other players.

...good point, Phil, but it’s not all about seeing what they can do on loan. If an Everton manager thinks he’s got a very good one, he’ll want to use him here. I don’t know the %, but very few Academy players will make it here. Sending them out is mainly to do with churn, a reasonable % will go on loan and make a very decent living in the game at a lower level.

Very few Academy loanees go on to play 50 games for Everton. I could only think of Barkley and Osman, although we could include Coleman (but he was bought in and had been playing open-age football).

If we get 7th and it qualifies us for Europa I would like us to play the likes of Gibson, Adeniran, Bowler in the early rounds with the view that we need to see how they play against men. These players then need to be kept around the first team squad or if they are loaned out its got to be to the right team.

Everton u18s/u19s have just won there final game of the 57TH INTERNATIONAL CRB U19 CHAMPIONS TROPHY v Japan High school Selection on a pen shoot out i think 5-3 [Simms, Thompson, Anderson, Hughes, Quirk with pens i think but display has been all over the place last few days] ,game ended 1-1 with Rhys Hughes scoring his 2nd of this cup comp, meaning they should actually end 5th,and not the 3rd place table made out yesterday if they won [off course losing finalist would be 2nd etc],but anyhow a little cup to pass time by.

Remainder that Everton u23s are in quarter final action of the u23s premier league cup tomorrow night [Tuesday] v Blackburn at GOODISON PARK with a 7pm ko,with hopefully us been the winners playing Swansea in the semi finals on saturday may 4th with midday ko,the blackburn game so far if it is, has not been put on to be shown on either everton's or blackburns page or even been mentioned yet,but if we get through to face swansea in semi finals,swansea have been showing there games,tomorrow we will also find out who we could play in the final as Leeds play there semi final v Newcastle

Remainder that Everton u23s are in quarter final action of the u23s premier league cup tomorrow night [Tuesday] v Blackburn at GOODISON PARK with a 7pm ko,with hopefully us been the winners playing Swansea in the semi finals on saturday may 4th with midday ko,the blackburn game so far if it is, has not been put on to be shown on either everton's or blackburns page or even been mentioned yet,but if we get through to face swansea in semi finals,swansea have been showing there games,tomorrow we will also find out who we could play in the final as Leeds play there semi final v Newcastle

Last edited:
Pathetic really that we are not streaming this match given the promise that if you paid £30 Membership you’d get live-streams of U23s/ u18 matches. I think there’s been about 1 or 2 games I’ve watched this way :mad:
while Leeds are showing there semi final v the toon live and free on youtube,twitter and facebook,as well as showing previous round games-well 1st half free on twitter and 2nd on there app from google play,at least Everton have this round [Blog] on the website and not put it on website after games ended as though it was there all game