Everton Youth Teams Thread

Interesting about John, Adeniran and Gibson. I didnt realise Broadhead was highly rated and Galloways inclusion is bizarre, perhaps as Digne is injured hes there for a worst case situation if Baines cant play?

Just going off comments in here it seems as though John, Gibson, Astley, Adeniran and Gordon are the most highly rated prospects...anyone else?

I think there is quite a meritocratic approach to who gets promoted, and in truth Galloway is one of the more consistent players. I said for much of last season I'd have rather had Galloway over Martina, and I know he'd be able to physically handle the league, so no issues for me.

It is difficult to suggest who's rated and not, as there are different categories. Broadhead is probably closer to the first team (and Feeney) but they are 20 (Broadhead) is nearly 21) so you would expect as much. For Astley, Gordon & John who are under 18's to be with the first team squad is a great achievement. From what I've seen Gordon is the one who excites me most, but it's hard to discount Astley, who at 17 and a defender is getting noticed.

As for others there's Bowler (but similar discussion to Broadhead) and also Fraser Hornby who could give us something we don't have. Likewise, there's a fair bit going on with Simms I think. I suspect his unwillingness to commit to a country is why he's not been playing with England youth teams. Perhaps the fact he hasn't signed a deal with us (yet) is why he isn't being pushed too heavily. You may see, if he signs a deal (particularly a long term deal) he shouts through the age group more quickly.

Lots of potential prospects, but other than Gordon none I would be overly confident make it, but plenty have a chance if they continue to impress.

EVERTON U18S STARTING 11 v LIVERPOOL [GOT NIECE TO TAKE PIC OF IT ON TV LOL]

what a chance for simms,thought that was in

repeat a min later but saved this time

Good save our keeper on 42mins from yards out from bobby duncan shot