Everton Youth Teams Thread

How many is Simms on now then?

Edit: Transfermarkt says 28 in 24 games all comps now after today.

That was 2 weeks ago this chart for the north/south top scorers,and does not include the last 2 weeks hatrricks,plus they have the Everton at blackburn game as 5-0 and simms as scoring 3 when it was 6-0 and simms scored 4 that game,also says as i said that simms has 7 in u18s prem league cup plus 5 in fa youth cup,so scored past 30 goals etc

Still missing some of his goals out,but that 2nd part is the closest one to been right lol and that 1st post is by the person that i said few weeks ago that never goes but makes out hes there,and posted in the past that Everton u23s were leading at Goodison as he was there when infact they were losing to an og etc,got the u18s stoke game wrong scorer wise just to name 2 lol

Anyone know why Simms isn’t in the England youth squads? I’d rather have him playing for us but seems odd that he isn’t in the U18’s or U19’s given his goal scoring record this year
It does seem very strange,even if there is so called better players ahead of him,like some say about the Arsenal u18s forward etc,he should at very worst be in the squad-how you can score so many goals and not be in the squad at worst i dont know

I think its 26 or 27 in league,hes scored 4 in 2 sep games,hes scored 4 hattricks,2 this last week,a number of 2s in games,and he has 7 u18s prem league cup goals,and whatever else
Just been through the fixtures on the premier league site mate and he's scored 25 league goals. He's been rested for at least 2 games that I know of (the derby being one of them) so that will be from a maximum of 16 starts, possibly even 15. With the goals he has in the youth cup that's 30 for the season, and I'm sure he's scored the odd goal for the U23s coming off the bench in some or other of the numerous cups they are in. Plus there were the premier league cup games that I can't find any record for. I tend to recall us getting double figures in one of those games but not sure if Simms was playing that match.

So at least 30 for the season so far. You have to say that's some going. It's a massive shame we haven't had a chance to see him in the U23s as that would have shown him up if it was his size/physical stature giving him the edge at U18 level.

Still missing some of his goals out,but that 2nd part is the closest one to been right lol and that 1st post is by the person that i said few weeks ago that never goes but makes out hes there,and posted in the past that Everton u23s were leading at Goodison as he was there when infact they were losing to an og etc,got the u18s stoke game wrong scorer wise just to name 2 lol
It's going up by the minute . lol

Well we’ve discussed Simms continually this season, his strengths and weaknesses and at the end of the day you can’t argue with that kind of goalscoring record, no matter how puny the defenders he still has to find the net.
Re England u 18s, Gordon played for them the other night with the RS Bobby Duncan leading the attack ( He’s Slippy G’s cousin , refused to resign for City about a year back.) This is the squad of forwards they currently have. :

Forwards: Bobby Duncan (Liverpool), Anthony Gordon (Everton), Tyreece John-Jules (Arsenal), Folarin Balogun (Arsenal), Xavier Amaechi (Arsenal).

Hard to think why he would be excluded with his record this season.

It's going up by the minute . lol

hes missed one out in the u18s prem league cup-its 7 in 4 games-those goals below
League total is right or one out depending if he has simms as scoring 3 or 4 v blackburn as some as said say game was 5-0 and he got 3 when it was 6-0 and he got 4 lol

1 at middlesbrough in 4-1 defeat when we lost in semi finals

a pen last min-CANT FIND IT

1 at fulham

1 at arsenal last min

4 v west brom

...Simms rarely plays at U23, his record is spectacular but I think next season will tell us lots. His physicality is a major advantage in his own age group.
I was surprised by Simms’ stats above, only one appearance in PL 2, I know I’ve seen him feature in streamed U23s games and he struggled to make an impact, and that has been the general consensus of people. Some of those games though where as a sub coming on late , so I wonder what his total U23s mins are.

Let’s put aside any nonsense about Simms being given a go in the first team squad, but really he should be given more opportunity at U23s THIS season. Sure he hasn’t impressed significantly at U23s but he’s had little game time there too, and this season Hornby or Sambou have hardly lit up the goalscoring charts in PL2 given their total games.

Returning to a theme I’ve harped on about a few times, Unsworth has the defence well drilled and well protected by Adeniran/Markelo but we don’t score many goals or let many in. So it’s going to be tough for Simms to make his mark as he won’t get the same service at U23s as he gets at u18, but time to give him more games for the U23s. Only 3 league games left but the Premier League Cup would be a good opportunity.