Everton Youth Teams Thread

I think Dowell has been played at 10 and on the right for us.

At forest he was also central then when they replaced their manager with the negative karanka he was shifted onto the left.

Sheffield united are also trying him at left wing back i believe.

Interesting to see him starting deep. He knocks in some screamers from 30 yards out so that could be an interesting position for him with his passing ability.

Good to see him being tried in new positions to see where he may fit in long term.

I think Dowell has been played at 10 and on the right for us.

At forest he was also central then when they replaced their manager with the negative karanka he was shifted onto the left.

Sheffield united are also trying him at left wing back i believe.

Interesting to see him starting deep. He knocks in some screamers from 30 yards out so that could be an interesting position for him with his passing ability.

Good to see him being tried in new positions to see where he may fit in long term.

.....good point, all the games I saw at club and international youth level he played right side ahead of Kenny. I can see why, he’s not a conventional speedy, tricky winger so it allowed him to come inside on his left. Probably his best game for Sheffield United was at left wing back, so it is good to see him in that role.

I love watching the fella, but I feel he’s now in the shop window. Just my suspicion.

.....good point, all the games I saw at club and international youth level he played right side ahead of Kenny. I can see why, he’s not a conventional speedy, tricky winger so it allowed him to come inside on his left. Probably his best game for Sheffield United was at left wing back, so it is good to see him in that role.

I love watching the fella, but I feel he’s now in the shop window. Just my suspicion.

He was brilliant last night but definitely needs more protection.

...I know folk focus on the 30 yarders, but he can play the most deft passes in behind defenders. The right forward will have a field day playing ahead of him.

That's what was on show last night; I've often thought deeper might be where he should play; he did a stellar job defensively too. Think a deep-lying playmaker suits Everton more than a number 10 (Sig).

I suspect you are correct. This season seemed a big moment for him to have to make a breakthrough and he hasn't done that. I hope Sheffield United get promoted and suspect they may look to keep him for a reasonable fee if they do.

One curveball in that may be Brands though. He seems to grasp the idea that letting young players go for a pittance is poor strategy. He may want to milk the asset for another season. We shall see.

Everton u18s in 4th 7 points off top still in with a slim chance of winning the league,are away to Wolves with an 11.30ko,before next week its the u18s mersey Derby from Finch Farm and that MERSEY DERBY is LIVE on LFCTV
Everton u18s Team Away to Wolves

Tyrer, John, Collins, Anderson, Mckeown, Hughes, Quirk, Dobbin, Adedoyin, Hunt, Simms
Subs Barrett, Hosie, Onyango, Garcia, Zuk