Everton Youth Teams Thread

Well played Everton u18s,did the overall Job 1st half,bit quieter 2nd half as Brighton as you would expect needed to have a little go one been missing that sitter from the header on 87mins,saying that we still could have had the odd goal 2nd half IE the Simms one on one,The 6th round [Q/F] FA YOUTH CUP game v West Brom has to be played by 2nd march- [we are due to play man city home the friday night 1st march]

Shame Gordon got that knock as he was flying prior to that first time i have seen Astley and he looks good seems aggressive in defence but not reckless, Iversen and Carroll look a fine partnership in midfield as well.

Shame Gordon got that knock as he was flying prior to that first time i have seen Astley and he looks good seems aggressive in defence but not reckless, Iversen and Carroll look a fine partnership in midfield as well.
Astley is improving in little aspects every time he plays. In the first few minutes of a preseason game and an early season Wales U19s game he went through a player taking man and ball in both games. It made me wince both times as he has a very high skill level for a defender , and I was a bit worried that his over aggression would count against him , but pleased he had that in his locker. He’s much more controlled now, maybe it was just early season and a youngster new on the block making his mark .

Astley is improving in little aspects every time he plays. In the first few minutes of a preseason game and an early season Wales U19s game he went through a player taking man and ball in both games. It made me wince both times as he has a very high skill level for a defender , and I was a bit worried that his over aggression would count against him , but pleased he had that in his locker. He’s much more controlled now, maybe it was just early season and a youngster new on the block making his mark .

Could be and time was when you could get away with challenges like that!

Everton u23s are back in League action tonight at southport v Blackburn 7pm ko,after just drawing with them in the cup last week,Everton are hoping to move back to 4 points clear after the chasing pack closed the gap over the weekend,Everton will then play there final group game Sunday in the premier league cup v Sheff Utd 2pm ko before they find out in a few weeks who they play the next round,then the week after that cup game its the u23s League Derby LIVE from Anfield on LFC TV [Monday 4th march 7pm ko] - yep the day after the proper 1st team Derby

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile the Middlesbrough u18s who knocked us out in the Q/F reached the final this weekend after they beat Derby in the last minute of extra time,they will play Man City in the final early next month after man city beat man utd 3-0