Everton Youth Teams Thread

Seems like he should move up to the 23s if hes netting with such ease.

Didnt unsworth say Astley was the best player on his 23s debut...wonder why hes been dropped down again?
simms missed the u18s derby didnt he just to end a sub in the brighton game for the u23s and not even be used for 1 minute,and yes seem to remember what you say unsworth said

amazing, 20 goals by november. Wonder if any lower league team would look to take a punt in january.

..he’s a big strong lad playing in his own age group. His goalscoring record is really encouraging but he wont have the same physical advantage stepping up to open-age, men’s football. I imagine the club are managing his progress carefully.

..he’s a big strong lad playing in his own age group. His goalscoring record is really encouraging but he wont have the same physical advantage stepping up to open-age, men’s football. I imagine the club are managing his progress carefully.

yeah i can see that, he's proving way too big for players that age hence why i'd like to see if he has the technical ability against a non-league/league 2 team of men. It doesn't seem much of a test for him atm.

I appreciate what you say about his physicality, but it is encouraging that he seems to make the hardest job in football....scoring goals, look so easy. Irrespective of the opposition he has scored a number of goals against all teams this season. To me you can work on your movement as a striker, touch, link up play, etc. But you are born with an instinct and where the ball is going in the box and the ability to finish. One to definitely look out for in the future from our 18s that’s for sure.

I appreciate what you say about his physicality, but it is encouraging that he seems to make the hardest job in football....scoring goals, look so easy. Irrespective of the opposition he has scored a number of goals against all teams this season. To me you can work on your movement as a striker, touch, link up play, etc. But you are born with an instinct and where the ball is going in the box and the ability to finish. One to definitely look out for in the future from our 18s that’s for sure.

...absolutely, i’m not knocking his goalscoring ability. He’s prolific. The big test will come, though, when he steps out of his age group. He’ll still be big and powerful but so will many of those who he’s up against. At the moment he can do no more than he’s doing.

He’s 18 in January, it’ll be brilliant if he produces when he steps up.

..involved with the first team for the midweek game, probably in the Anthony Gordon category as ‘ones to keep an eye on.’ Clearly highly thought of youngsters.
..involved with the first team for the midweek game, probably in the Anthony Gordon category as ‘ones to keep an eye on.’ Clearly highly thought of youngsters.

I thought he was very good in that game too. It's a bit of a knee-jerk but I saw a lot in him to suggest he has a real chance going forward, perhaps more than even Kenny.