Everton Youth Teams Thread

Went the game today. They play some nice stuff but much like the first team they are good with the ball until they get to the opposition box. I think the game would have played out differently if Henen would have stayed on as his pace would have caused the Tranmere back line problems. At the end of the day it was actually men against boys and you could tell at some stages as they Tranmere players were just stronger, but that will come in time. Was most impressed by #10 (Davies?) for us, started behind the striker and also operated out wide and a deeper midfield role as the game went on and did well I thought. Also liked the look of Walsh, although he looked tiny, he always wanted the ball, got stuck in and tried to make things happen.

Give me a job as scout please Ronald!

EVERTON U23 TEAM HOME [Goodison] TO READING ,7PM KO

Hewelt, Kenny, Robinson, Baningime, Browning, Pennington, Jones, Charsley, Dyson, Dowell, Broadhead.
subs: Griffiths, Walsh, Duffus, Feeney, Sambou.

A win and we go 4 clear above 2nd placed man city

Looks like Walsh is back from the injury; let's hope he hasn't lost progress and can kick on more. I'd like him, Dowell, Feeney & Baningime to be knocking on the first team squad door by the start of next season.

id say theres next to no chance of this. another season at least.

Just read it and came on to post the link.. very nice article.. holding thumbs! Even if only 50% right it's the best generation in terms of quality and quantity I can remember. Let's hope the men at the to believe as much as Unsworth does!

EVERTON U23 TEAM HOME [Goodison] TO READING ,7PM KO

Hewelt, Kenny, Robinson, Baningime, Browning, Pennington, Jones, Charsley, Dyson, Dowell, Broadhead.
subs: Griffiths, Walsh, Duffus, Feeney, Sambou.

A win and we go 4 clear above 2nd placed man city
It'll be interesting how they perform without Davies, Holgate, Connolly, DCL .......and Niasse. And some more to move on too perhaps, Jones and Dyson certainly to allow them to find a future and allow room for those on the bench like Walsh, Feeney and Sambou.