Everton Youth Teams Thread

Whatever happened to George Green?

I know he's only 17, but there are 16 year olds and even a 15 year old playing for the Reserves.

Whatever happened to George Green?

I know he's only 17, but there are 16 year olds and even a 15 year old playing for the Reserves.

Green played for the u18s against Derby last weekend, I was there at Finch Farm watching. I wouldn't make too much of his absence, he stayed with the u21s while the u18s went to Sweden.

As for Kenny and Ledson, theyre both good players, but the u21s are short of bodies hence their inclusion. Lot of the u21s are only 17-19 years old.

Green played for the u18s against Derby last weekend, I was there at Finch Farm watching. I wouldn't make too much of his absence, he stayed with the u21s while the u18s went to Sweden.

As for Kenny and Ledson, theyre both good players, but the u21s are short of bodies hence their inclusion. Lot of the u21s are only 17-19 years old.

How usual has it been for 15/16 year olds to be in the reserves? I can't imagine many in the past have played so many years up. Ledson in particular looks a good player, reminds me of Rodwell.

Quite common really, Ledson is 16 next week. Both he and Kenny are full time players now so theyll move between the u18 and u21 squads were necessary really.

Not really a lot of depth in the u21 squad so theyll have to use u18 players this season, especially in defence and midfield.

I think they're going for it next season, but the NextGen organisers have been VERY quiet about this seasons competitors, they've announced nothing so far.

UEFA have announced their own U19 Champions League so many clubs have jumped ship.

The potential NextGen squad is thin, so the better U18 players will be used with the U21 group and U16s pushed up to the U18s where needed.