Everton Youth Teams Thread

I always liked Forshaw and probably wrote about him on here many years ago. Neat and tidy, easy in possession and looked a natural fit for central midfield. He was in the same team as Baxter who got a lot of hype but was always more impressed with Forshaw.

Alex Fergusan wrote in his book you only really know if a lad is good enough when they are 23. That's when they have completed their physical development and you see the end package to go alongside the technical skill. He also acknowledged that you rarely get a chance to keep players until they are 23 to get to see that, so it is often guesswork.

The other paradox is that players aged 16-23 do require competitive game time to progress. However it is getting harder to achieve that. Anyway good luck to Forshaw.
That was exactly my impression of him when we played Boro earlier in the season. Nice and tidy. I have a similar opinion of Connor Grant now. Wouldn't be surprised if he forges a career in the Premier but don't think it will be with us.

no connolly either, wonder is he with first team.
walsh obviously out with injury
In the training video as well as Feeney there were Matty Foulds, Antonee Robinson, Ty Browning and Gibson , think Kenny was at the back in an early shot, now all playing tonight , but no Connolly or Walsh in video or team. I assume Walsh is still injured and I think it was in the last match where Connolly got a nasty knock near the end but remained on pitch so maybe rested/injured too.