Everton Youth Teams Thread

The Joe Anderson to Sunderland deal looks like it’s going through “ after a bid was accepted on Sunday morning.” . Joe is one of those guys you can’t help but like , a true warrior who runs 40 yards to push the opposing centre half in the chest when he’s fouled your mate - even when he’s on the bench at the time! I remember thinking he wasn’t going to make it out of the u18s , then the centre half got injured ( Michael Collins?) , he got his chance and never looked back , steady improvement over the last few years, a great left left foot and great attitude. Good luck to him at Sunderland.

The Joe Anderson to Sunderland deal looks like it’s going through “ after a bid was accepted on Sunday morning.” . Joe is one of those guys you can’t help but like , a true warrior who runs 40 yards to push the opposing centre half in the chest when he’s fouled your mate - even when he’s on the bench at the time! I remember thinking he wasn’t going to make it out of the u18s , then the centre half got injured ( Michael Collins?) , he got his chance and never looked back , steady improvement over the last few years, a great left left foot and great attitude. Good luck to him at Sunderland.
Every new contract he was awarded, I always remember thinking it was a surprise but then he'd kick on a little bit. And now managing to sell him justifies keeping him around that little bit longer. Have we finally managed to get away from the era of the unsellables (Pennington, mcaleny etc).

Best of luck to Joe. Great move to a big club at a good level. A good reflection on the coaches at the academy too.