Everton Youth Teams Thread

Apart from all the usual players away on international duty, i noticed there was still no Coleman, Delph, Gomes, Richarlison and DCL.

Hopefully they'll all be at least training separately.

….there was a glimpse of DCL training in the last vid, so I expect he’s the one closest. Bit concerned Richarlison might have something a little more serious than we think, given his eagerness to play & train.

….there was a glimpse of DCL training in the last vid, so I expect he’s the one closest. Bit concerned Richarlison might have something a little more serious than we think, given his eagerness to play & train.
Almost inevitable really given that Richarlison played to the final in both Copa America and then Olympic tournaments. Hopefully not too serious but it’s a much needed break for him which may benefit him in the long run.

I put a list on here a couple of months ago of the new Scholars, the official list given is:
Everton's 2021/22 Academy scholars are:

Ed Jones (Defender)
Harry Wright (Defender)
Charlie Wilson (Defender)
Jenson Metcalfe (Midfielder)
Jack Tierney (Defender)
Saja Manafa (Midfielder)
Troy Smikle-James (Forward)
Owen Barker (Forward)
Dylan Graham (Goalkeeper)
Halid Djankpata (Midfielder)
Sam Coughlan (Midfielder)
Isaac Heath (Midfielder)
Shae Cahill (Midfielder)

To which I believe we can add:
Roman Quintyne right back
Francis Okoronkwo forward.
Still not listed on the OS profiles but if you google Roman Quintyne Everton it brings up a link to his club profile, when you click it it links to Roman Dixon’s profile in the under 18’s squad. So it could be that he’s changed his surname?

Still not listed on the OS profiles but if you google Roman Quintyne Everton it brings up a link to his club profile, when you click it it links to Roman Dixon’s profile in the under 18’s squad. So it could be that he’s changed his surname?
Yeah it’s been “Roman Dixon” on the Club site for 5 or 6 days. I too assumed he’d changed his name on the basis that not even we would go in and deliberately make a change that was wrong………….

Where is the striker we got from Sunderland? Has he played yet?
Francis Okoronkwo. No sign of him on Everton Youth teamsheets so far this season. Mind you, he really only became an Everton player when he signed that professional contract on turning 17 last month.

There was something about him having missed out on pre-season, having not played for 4 months, not being match-fit (sound familiar?); I'm guessing we might see him in the U18s by the end of the month?

Terrible news, shows how precarious can be the life of a youth player.

….I wonder if this is all part of his development, there have been positive reports of his work on the coaching front & @davek put him up as a future Everton manager.
Yeah I thought he was making excellent coaching progress too , but that’s potentially a real set back in his career. Hopefully he can overcome it , but having davek endorse you is usually the kiss off death :(

Chiedozie ogbene who came off the bench last night and scored for Ireland was with our youth teams in the past. He’s not a name that I remember being associated with us. Can anybody remember him playing for us? I presume he never made it past u16/u18?

Chiedozie ogbene who came off the bench last night and scored for Ireland was with our youth teams in the past. He’s not a name that I remember being associated with us. Can anybody remember him playing for us? I presume he never made it past u16/u18?
I’m pretty certain he hasn’t been a Scholar with us . I think it is likely it is an Irish team called Everton that he spent time with, I’ve seen us briefly linked with such sides in the past, giving out kit etc but not for a while.

I’m pretty certain he hasn’t been a Scholar with us . I think it is likely it is an Irish team called Everton that he spent time with, I’ve seen us briefly linked with such sides in the past, giving out kit etc but not for a while.
It's Everton AFC in Cork. Doesn't appear to be any link, just the name.