Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton Under-23s are in Premier League 2 action at Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday (12pm BST kick-off) – and Season Ticket and Official Members can watch a live stream of the match on evertonfc.com

Not sure yet if Brighton are showing it Live or just a twitter feed/blog etc of how game is going

i wish theyd give more time to these highlights , not just the goals which tend to highlight mistakes players make that result in goals and great attacking play that leads to them e.g. Poor pass from Jagne which lead to their goal, but unfair to judge him on just that. McAllister looks a pacy , real attacking threat down the wing these days , he’s really sharpened up , I thought he was going to be overtaken in midfield by the younger players . Butterfield looking composed with his goal, and I think it was his through ball for Cannon’s second.
Im still not fully convinced about Cannon, he’s a scorer of great goals that‘s for sure but is he a going to be a great goalscorer? Certainly Simms was more prolific at the same age, he’ll have the opportunity to prove his quality next season at U23s.

i wish theyd give more time to these highlights , not just the goals which tend to highlight mistakes players make that result in goals and great attacking play that leads to them e.g. Poor pass from Jagne which lead to their goal, but unfair to judge him on just that. McAllister looks a pacy , real attacking threat down the wing these days , he’s really sharpened up , I thought he was going to be overtaken in midfield by the younger players . Butterfield looking composed with his goal, and I think it was his through ball for Cannon’s second.
Im still not fully convinced about Cannon, he’s a scorer of great goals that‘s for sure but is he a going to be a great goalscorer? Certainly Simms was more prolific at the same age, he’ll have the opportunity to prove his quality next season at U23s.

....interesting one re Cannon. I’m really not too bothered that he’s not as prolific as Simms. His all around game and quality looks much superior and that might be a higher baseline to work from.

....interesting one re Cannon. I’m really not too bothered that he’s not as prolific as Simms. His all around game and quality looks much superior and that might be a higher baseline to work from.
Yeah I threw the Cannon piece in to generate some different views. Thanks to the Youth Cup people have probably seen more of him than Simms at the same age, although Simms headline goals where heavily featured. I was disappointed in Cannon’s performance against Chelsea , Garcia caused them more problems when he came on, but at 18 there’s plenty of time for him to develop further.

Yeah I threw the Cannon piece in to generate some different views. Thanks to the Youth Cup people have probably seen more of him than Simms at the same age, although Simms headline goals where heavily featured. I was disappointed in Cannon’s performance against Chelsea , Garcia caused them more problems when he came on, but at 18 there’s plenty of time for him to develop further.

....you know my view re Youth Cup (a good run is an indicator of a good one or two). Given the performances against City & Chelsea, perhaps we might have a very good CB coming through.

This really, I'm not worried about him being a goalscorer either, he seems like he might be better as more of a second striker type imo. He looks a real talent with some real ability though and id hate for us to waste it, hopefully he stays injury free.

Cannon hasn't really kicked on this season. He did brilliantly last year and was Simms esque but a year younger. This season much less so.

I still feel -I may be wrong- That Cannon is more of a player that wants to do things for himself, were as others work for the team, i have felt that for a bit myself, still on the road to learning though like all are

....you know my view re Youth Cup (a good run is an indicator of a good one or two). Given the performances against City & Chelsea, perhaps we might have a very good CB coming through.

It's funny really mate, I watched Cannon and was a bit underwhelmed by him. I always watched Dobbin and he just looks a far more rounded forward player.

It's funny how people can watch the same game and come up with different things. There's a lot of young players in the 18's I'm quite impressed with, but he's not one really.

It's funny really mate, I watched Cannon and was a bit underwhelmed by him. I always watched Dobbin and he just looks a far more rounded forward player.

It's funny how people can watch the same game and come up with different things. There's a lot of young players in the 18's I'm quite impressed with, but he's not one really.
That’s what a Forum like GOT is all about mate, different opinions , the Official Site gives factual stuff which is good, GOT gives opinions! As I said earlier, I mentioned Cannon as I was interested in people’s opinion of him, and yes they will differ . The Tom Davies thread after any match is fascinating, I often wonder if I’ve watched the same game! I think we also build up our knowledge of posters and those whose opinions we value even if we disagree with them.

That’s what a Forum like GOT is all about mate, different opinions , the Official Site gives factual stuff which is good, GOT gives opinions! As I said earlier, I mentioned Cannon as I was interested in people’s opinion of him, and yes they will differ . The Tom Davies thread after any match is fascinating, I often wonder if I’ve watched the same game! I think we also build up our knowledge of posters and those whose opinions we value even if we disagree with them.

Adedoyin for the Ballon d’Or.