Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u18s Team to face Leeds u18s 6.30ko

Leban, Higgins, Welch, Campbell, Lowey, Jagne, Warrington, Whitaker, McAllister, Dobbin, Cannon,
Subs Stewart, Kristensen, Mallon, Butterfield, Price

Everton 1-0 on 26mins - Dobbin
Dobbin shot into bottom right corner

-----------------------------
Dobbin just wide 1st minute
McAllister shot saved by keeper on 2mins and 15mins
Dobbin header saved on 16mins
Welch hit bar on 19mins with header

Everton 2-0 on 45mins- McAllister
Left foot shot from outside the area

HALF TIME
EVERTON 2 LEEDS 0

Dobbin goal on 26mins
Cannon shot saved on 27mins
Dobbin wide on 28mins
Whitaker shot saved on 36mins
Cannon shot over on 37mins

Hard to get any promising foreign kids for the youth teams now.
Hopefully Brands has our UK scouting network up to scratch

Well Brands has just had a reorganisation of the scouting network. 7 new scouting jobs have been established to cover the u13- U18s bracket in the UK . These are I believe a mixture of existing people plus some replacements of scouts that have departed . They report to Chris Perkins , Head of Academy recruitment we got from Derby , who I think reports to Gretar Steinsen Head of Recruitment, but works closely with John Ebbrell , Head of Academy Coaching.

While theyve moved to strengthen the UK u18 scouting, they’ve also changed the system of European scouts reporting into Steinsen that are charged with covering the 18 -26 group. I can’t remember all the details but they had two scout/ managers covering each of Northern Europe and Southern Europe with two scouts separately covering France . As a result we’ve reduced the number of scouts in European countries. There wasn’t anything on the UK 18-26 scouting system which I presume remains the same.

That piece in the tweet was news to me , but presumably Brands and co saw it coming hence the recent changes, plus a revamp now the Academy ban has ended, so you’d have to think he’s on the ball in these matters. Time will tell if the changes have been successful.

Everton beat Leeds 3-0 -Their 2nd successive 3-0 win after Derby last week, Everton u18s Get their 5th win in 9 League Games, and stay the same position as before the game which is 6th, Everton are currently 5 points off top and play there 2nd home game from 3 v Wolves saturday with Midday ko
--------------------------

Everton 2-0 on 45mins- McAllister
Left foot shot from outside the area

HALF TIME
EVERTON 2 LEEDS 0

3-0 Everton u18s on 54mins - Cannon
shot from outside box into top corner

Dobbin goal on 26mins
Cannon shot saved on 27mins
Dobbin wide on 28mins
Whitaker shot saved on 36mins
Cannon shot over on 37mins
Whitaker shot saved on 51mins
Whitaker shot saved on 74mins
Dobbin shot saved on 90mins
Dobbin shot saved on 93mins

Everton Under-18s produced an impressive performance to beat Leeds United 3-0 in an entertaining U18 Premier League (North) clash at USM Finch Farm on Tuesday night.

First-half goals from Lewis Dobbin and skipper Sean McAllister put the young Toffees in the driving seat at half-time.

A wonderful strike from Tom Cannon early in the second half secured a second successive 3-0 victory for Paul Tait’s side, who beat Derby County by the same scoreline last time out.

Dobbin threatened for the Blues in the opening minute of the match when he curled a long-range effort just wide.

Charlie Allen nearly opened the scoring for the visitors on 15 minutes. The Leeds midfielder forced his way into the Everton penalty area before firing his effort low and hard towards goal. Zan-Luk Leban was equal to it, though, and got down well to save with his feet.

Dobbin came close for a second time when his looping header bounced off the top of the Leeds crossbar.

But it was third time lucky for the tricky forward in the 25th minute. McAllister advanced down the left-hand side before picking out Dobbin at the far post. This time he made no mistake and calmly slotted home past the helpless Harry Christy.

Leeds came close to equalising minutes before half-time. Jimiel Chikukwa found space inside the Everton penalty area but his thunderous effort clattered off the crossbar.

Leban appeared to get a slight touch on the ball, in which case it was a fantastic save to divert it onto the woodwork.

However, the impressive McAllister doubled the Toffees lead right on the stroke of half-time.

The midfielder picked up the ball midway inside the Leeds half. He progressed forward and struck his effort low from 20 yards into the bottom corner.

The young Blues extended their lead eight minutes into the second half. Cannon got on the ball on the edge of the Leeds penalty area, shifted it out of his feet before hitting a sumptuous strike into the top corner with his right foot.

Ethan Kachosa came close to pulling one back immediately for the away side, but his fizzing low cross was somehow turned away on the line by Leban after a scrappy goal-mouth scramble.

Charlie Whitaker nearly added a fourth for Everton, but his deflected effort was clawed behind magnificently by Christy.

Leeds fought hard to pull one back in the second half, but they couldn’t find a way through the stubborn Everton defence.

Sam Leverett almost added a consolation with 10 minutes to go, but his first-time volley from 12 yards was parried away by Leban.

It will effect more teams, but you suspect clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea who have gone for heavily recruiting lads who are 15-17 will be hardest hit.

To me it will just mean the competition for attracting the best UK youngsters will just be much harder now as clubs like those 2 will have to concentrate on UK players rather than foreign kids too.
It won't affect any young foreign players already at the clubs I wouldnt think?

It will effect more teams, but you suspect clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea who have gone for heavily recruiting lads who are 15-17 will be hardest hit.
I wonder if we’ll look at linking up with a “ feeder” type European club where we can put promising youngsters to get the points they need, although the Henry Onyekuru experience may suggest not.
There is a bit that says PL teams can only sign 3 u21s in the January window and can only sign 6 over the season . There is a suggestion that the points system for u21 will include youth international appearances so it may be that if you identify a decent young prospect who is 18- 21 and plays for his country you may be ok to sign him.

To me it will just mean the competition for attracting the best UK youngsters will just be much harder now as clubs like those 2 will have to concentrate on UK players rather than foreign kids too.
It won't affect any young foreign players already at the clubs I wouldnt think?

To a point yes. That's already there though. It will be difficult, but a lot will depend on coaching as well. They tended to supplement probably weaker coaching and domestic/local recruitment with foreign buys. That's a big loss for them.

I wonder if we’ll look at linking up with a “ feeder” type European club where we can put promising youngsters to get the points they need, although the Henry Onyekuru experience may suggest not.
There is a bit that says PL teams can only sign 3 u21s in the January window and can only sign 6 over the season . There is a suggestion that the points system for u21 will include youth international appearances so it may be that if you identify a decent young prospect who is 18- 21 and plays for his country you may be ok to sign him.

I think it will help, but it wholly remedy the system.

For a start playing in some inferior leagues youth set up will not lead to the same improvement as Chelsea/Liverpool. It will also not have the same prestige. I'm sure a lot of the top talents will just want to move to a top European side instead.

It's also hard to snap your fingers and get that network in place. City and Chelsea have it, but few others do.

UNSWORTH ON EVERTON'S DESIRE TO HAVE WORLD'S BEST ACADEMY​

[vIdeo on website but you ned to log in]

David Unsworth has outlined Everton’s ambition to have the best Academy in world football as he provided an in-depth insight into his expansive new role.

Unsworth was appointed Everton’s Director of Academy in September, allowing the Under-23s boss to bring all of the teams below the senior men’s squad into one management structure, providing a smoother pathway through the Academy and into the First Team.

Everton Giant Unsworth revealed how being asked to take up his new position by Director of Football Marcel Brands was “an honour and a privilege”.

Unsworth is continuing his role as manager of Everton Under-23s, having enjoyed significant success with the young Blues. He led the team to Premier League 2 title triumphs in 2016/17 and 2018/19.

Unsworth explained how his day-to-day responsibilities have changed since becoming Director of Academy.

He also outlined why a coordinated approach between Everton’s senior and youth sides can help the Club develop high-quality players for the Blues’ First Team.

“My time is predominantly in the mornings with the Under-23s, in the afternoons with the Academy staff, and in the early evenings out on the pitch again with the young players and young coaches,” Unsworth told evertontv.

“I’m trying to observe and get a feel for every single department and every team that’s in the Academy.

“I know a lot more about all the teams already, and most of the players now all the way through.

“The days are long but that’s the job and that’s what we have to do.

“I want us to be the best Academy in the world.

“And I’m always in a rush, I want to get there quickly.

“Marcel Brands and John Ebbrell, who is now Head of Academy Coaching, and I all share the same strategy and vision.

“We want to align everything.

“We want the same messages that are being said by Carlo Ancelotti in the First Team, to be said by myself in the Under-23s, by Paul Tait in the Under-18s, all the way down to our pre-Academy boys.

I want our players to develop quickly from one age group to the next. And we all want to promote young players into our First Team.

Unsworth came through the ranks at Everton and went on to play 350 senior matches for the Blues during two spells at the Club.

He was part of the team that won the 1995 FA Cup and his status as a modern-day Club great was underlined in 2019 when he was named an Everton Giant.

Unsworth, then, is perfectly placed to recognise the blend of qualities required of an Everton player.

“We want to create elite footballers, who play in a certain way - the Everton way,” he says.

“That’s the message from Carlo, from Marcel, from me, from John Ebbrell, all the way down to our pre-Academy coaches.

“We’ve met all the coaches and we’re helping, monitoring and trying to get the same type of Everton footballer throughout the Academy.

“In general terms with players, we are looking for technical excellence. We want players who can handle the ball in any situation or area of the pitch.

“I think that’s really important as we want to dominate possession all the way through our teams.

“Young players now have to develop physical attributes. The game is faster than it’s ever been, there are more sprints, there are more high-speed runs. It’s more demanding than ever.

“Then we are looking for a player’s temperament and personality.

“A player who, when he steps over the white line, can take a game on.

“And a word John Ebbrell and I use all the time is coachability.

“You have got to be able to learn from your coaches

Now into his third month in his expanded role, Unsworth outlined how he has approached implementing changes throughout the Academy programme.

He also paid tribute to the Academy staff for their enthusiastic support as the Club strives to further advance the Blues’ hugely successful youth operation.

During the Premier League era, 50 Everton Academy players have progressed to play for the Club’s First Team.

“I’ve spoken to every department, from operations, to recruitment, to coaching, to sports science analysis,” Unsworth said.

“The staff have been fantastic. They’ve really tried to buy into a change of leadership.

“I’ve tried to streamline certain things, getting the same messages across the board.

“We’ve changed a few things within each department, we’ve employed a few different people in different roles in the Club.

“For example, Leighton Baines has come in and he is really enjoying his coaching, he’s doing a fantastic job working with the professional phase [young First Team players and the Under-23s and Under-18s squads].

“We’ve all got to be on the same journey, we’ve all got to buy into what we want to do.

“We have a great Academy. I just want us to be better.

“My job is to make us the best, and to keep creating and producing players that Carlo feels are good enough for his First Team.”

Everton u18s will play Wigan Athletic or Irlam or Notts County in the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup
All 3rd round ties must be played by Saturday 12 December

Irlam FC v Notts County was due to be played 10 days ago [3rd November] but called off due to waterlogged pitch, it now seems Irlam have to do the Lockdown so going to be a big delay to whenever Everton play play 3rd round it seems like, Everton actually signed a 14 year old from Irlam in last few days
Irlam v Notts County has today finally been rearranged for Friday 11th December, whatever way as said big delay for us
Think we will find out in about a week to 2 weeks who we get Round 4, as long as they dont delay the draw due to games been delayed