Everton Youth Teams Thread

Any news yet on how this Swedish lad we signed is getting on?
I read a short piece on him today from Unsworth, very positive , saying how he could play a number of positions across midfield and obviously needs developing. I’ll try to find it.

edit: hers the article.

Last edited:

Coincidently , when I read the piece on Benfica in the “ young players on loan ” thread, I thought of him and Unsworth’s comments about his athleticism which Benfica regard as a big factor and something they can work on.
Yeah that's interesting it sounds like Benfica know exactly what they're doing. They took the other example of Bernardo who wasn't athletic but they gave him time to develop rather than discarding him

Dont forget as said last week, The Everton u23s v Chelsea u23s game is Live here free via Chelsea sunday 1pm ko, Everton are currently 8th and a win will not change that position, while if you like you can also sign up to Everton to become a member who are showing it

While 1st of all Everton u18s travel to man utd u18s tomorrow morning with an 11.30am ko and this game is NOT Live as said last week, due to the 1st team game between the 2, These games are usually high scoring with Everton actually winning the last 2 away games 5-4 and 3-2, but losing the last game between the 2 before the 6 month virus break happened at home 3-2

I posted this in its proper place “ ex players “ thread but thought it may be of interest to people on here .
“ I see our ex Academy player Max Thompson is on the bench for Burnley . He appeared on their bench a few times towards the end of last season and made his PL debut against City, after joining them in December when we let him go .
I must admit I’ve never really seen him , but intrigued how somebody who only managed a few games at u18 managed a few months later to get into a PL squad and was their Youth Player of the season .
Still only 18 and a striker/forward. I’ll watch his progress with interest.”