Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sorry but how is Pennington getting a game for the U23s? Also, I’ve heard good things about Simms and Onyango - do we have any other decent prospects coming through? Excuse my ignorance I don’t follow the youth teams particularly closely

Thierry Small makes his first squad appearance for the under 23's, he's on the bench tonight, he's a first year scholar, stepping up from the under 18's this early is a good sign.

no,as said last week spurs never show them, and we were needing everton to, but you know the answer to that
I actually wrote to the club two weeks ago asking why as I’d paid £30 I was not getting any of the promised u23 games. Auto reply was “ We will get back to you within 5 days”. So far nothing back.
Yesterday I watched a great stream from a non-league team I support, Tv gantry was 1 yard from the pitch , camera work excellent, commentary decent and stream was perfect . Cost £10 but worth it and actually better than anything we’ve ever produced from a Goodison game and better quality than the highlights we get from Finch Farm or Southport.

I actually wrote to the club two weeks ago asking why as I’d paid £30 I was not getting any of the promised u23 games. Auto reply was “ We will get back to you within 5 days”. So far nothing back.
Yesterday I watched a great stream from a non-league team I support, Tv gantry was 1 yard from the pitch , camera work excellent, commentary decent and stream was perfect . Cost £10 but worth it and actually better than anything we’ve ever produced from a Goodison game and better quality than the highlights we get from Finch Farm or Southport.

We can't even get decent quality pressers on a Friday. Quite embarassing from a club wanting to reach the top in all fairness.

Yesterday I watched a great stream from a non-league team I support, Tv gantry was 1 yard from the pitch , camera work excellent, commentary decent and stream was perfect . Cost £10 but worth it and actually better than anything we’ve ever produced from a Goodison and better quality than the highlights we get from Finch Farm or Southport.
lol ;) I have been watching many of the other lower league teams via there own streams for games [via my IPTV lol]
But I am little surprised you even got a reply, but not surprised they did not give you a straight answer, Just for the record Everton u23s are live on MUFC friday while so far the u18s derby saturday morning is so far NOT on LFCTV-but usually is

I don’t know the answer hence the question but if Pennington is playing why isn’t Besic and Bolasie involved, even to keep their fitness up
Did Bowler leave in the end?

I don’t know the answer hence the question but if Pennington is playing why isn’t Besic and Bolasie involved, even to keep their fitness up
Did Bowler leave in the end?
Don’t really know the answer to your Pennington question but I suspect it’s because the usual u23 right back is injured and they don’t believe there’s an u18 RB of the same quality as LB Small.
Bowler unfortunately is injured, probably our best u23 player up until then and I’d have said cert for a loan.

....I wonder if it’s a deliberate strategy to keep these games and the players involved low profile. Saying that, you’d think it beneficial to expose the U23s to public view, not least to see how they cope.

....I wonder if it’s a deliberate strategy to keep these games and the players involved low profile. Saying that, you’d think it beneficial to expose the U23s to public view, not least to see how they cope.
I’ve heard that said of the u18s from an age point of view and as a means to stop poaching . But in these Internet days everybody seems to be aware anyway e.g. recent national publicity around Reece Welch and Small.
As you say you’d think it’d be beneficial for the U23s .

I’ve heard that said of the u18s from an age point of view and as a means to stop poaching . But in these Internet days everybody seems to be aware anyway e.g. recent national publicity around Reece Welch and Small.
As you say you’d think it’d be beneficial for the U23s .
Ive only heard of it said for the u16s myself and that is why we never hear about those results etc, but probably a bit of both

I'm glad Virginia is getting some game time. Its a little harsh on Tryer but now he's 4th choice I imagine he won't even travel with first team. Interesting what they do with Branthwaite once both him and Holgate are fit.