Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u23s win 2-1 and move up to 7th place, there next league game is away to chelsea in 2 weeks tonight which i still think they are showing, as the game was moved from the previous friday, before that though Everton play away to watford and can have a hand in stoping watford getting through to the next round of the u23s premier league cup
----------
Everton u16s lost to man city u16s in the semi finals at the weekend

Everton u23s win 2-1 and move up to 7th place, there next league game is away to chelsea in 2 weeks tonight which i still think they are showing, as the game was moved from the previous friday, before that though Everton play away to watford and can have a hand in stoping watford getting through to the next round of the u23s premier league cup
----------
Everton u16s lost to man city u16s in the semi finals at the weekend

What a brilliant finish that was from Simms. Thought he had missed dhis big chance a few minutes earlier but he didn't let that phase him

He was absolutely superb tonight. Led the line, held it up, got into dangerous positions and got a goal worthy of winning any game

Lovely threaded through ball from Onyango for Simms to run onto and score with his right from the left hand side. He rarely misses those kind of chances , well except the one from a similar position 5 mins before but he had a few defenders crowding him out then. I’m still disappointed we don’t play a front two, Simms is learning how to be a lone striker and doing well, but he creates so much space by pulling defenders with him a 2nd striker would benefit from it .
Great to see Beni stepping up again as he gets fully fit.
Foulds has been a bit of an unsung hero of late, he’s got a really decent left foot with his crosses and passes . I don’t think he’s got anything special as a CB but his crossing ability as a left back would stand out in the lower leagues.

Lovely threaded through ball from Onyango for Simms to run onto and score with his right from the left hand side. He rarely misses those kind of chances , well except the one from a similar position 5 mins before but he had a few defenders crowding him out then. I’m still disappointed we don’t play a front two, Simms is learning how to be a lone striker and doing well, but he creates so much space by pulling defenders with him a 2nd striker would benefit from it .
Great to see Beni stepping up again as he gets fully fit.
Foulds has been a bit of an unsung hero of late, he’s got a really decent left foot with his crosses and passes . I don’t think he’s got anything special as a CB but his crossing ability as a left back would stand out in the lower leagues.

Yep, I think two up top would work wonders tbf as well.

It just all feels a little too predictable and stale (formation, subs etc) doesn't it.
Didn’t Ancelotti say recently he wanted the young teams. To mirror the first team.
I’ve said my piece on unsworth and don’t think he’s good for our youngsters.

He did a podcast with a coupe of echo journalists, I can’t be bothered listening as they will probably just say how great to he is in winning league titles. Instead of maybe asking why none of the players under his stewardship, have really kicked on. Or why does he always play negative, defensive line ups.

Didn’t Ancelotti say recently he wanted the young teams. To mirror the first team.
I’ve said my piece on unsworth and don’t think he’s good for our youngsters.

He did a podcast with a coupe of echo journalists, I can’t be bothered listening as they will probably just say how great to he is in winning league titles. Instead of maybe asking why none of the players under his stewardship, have really kicked on. Or why does he always play negative, defensive line ups.

Not too sure tbh mate though Unsworth said Ancelotti has him with the 1st team one day a week to see how they train and how he prepares the players.

Don't think you'll get the Echo journalists saying anything of any note tbf mate, regardless of its the u23's or first team. They ain't got a back bone between them so I wouldn't expect any of them to be asking anytjing that questions the job certain people do.