Everton Youth Teams Thread

I never once mentioned Martina. But okay let's run with that. If they were both at Everton your point would be slightly valid. Robinson is about to be relegated at dave Whelan's wigan athletic. Martina has had numerous seasons and games at prem level and should be in his prime.

You said players Brands can't give away. How many players would we give away? Two: Niasse and Martina.

What's happening with Beni?
Sadly GOT keeps perpetuating myths about Beni’s one loan and rehashing questions about his attitude , “Beni Bigtime”:etc.
The facts are simple. He was thrust into a relegation encounter by Wigan and did well according to then Manager Paul Cook. He picked up an ankle injury and never played again , so people filled in the gaps , not good enough, bad attitude etc . The club didn’t publish anything at the time, the only statements came out in pre season about his injury e.g.

DR Congo-born Baningime spent the campaign on loan at Wigan Athletic but a persistent ankle injury restricted him to a solitary appearance for Paul Cook’s team.

“It was difficult mentally,” the youngster, whose form earned him a spot on the first-team bench for the 2-0 win over West Ham United this month, explains. “Every time I started running, my ankle would get sore again. But I did some work during the off-season and that helped a lot.“

He’s still a decent young player, but so far has failed to get back to the heights he reached previously and is in danger of being overtaken this season by other midfielders like Adeniran and Markelo and next season by Onyango.

Sadly GOT keeps perpetuating myths about Beni’s one loan and rehashing questions about his attitude , “Beni Bigtime”:etc.
The facts are simple. He was thrust into a relegation encounter by Wigan and did well according to then Manager Paul Cook. He picked up an ankle injury and never played again , so people filled in the gaps , not good enough, bad attitude etc . The club didn’t publish anything at the time, the only statements came out in pre season about his injury e.g.

DR Congo-born Baningime spent the campaign on loan at Wigan Athletic but a persistent ankle injury restricted him to a solitary appearance for Paul Cook’s team.

“It was difficult mentally,” the youngster, whose form earned him a spot on the first-team bench for the 2-0 win over West Ham United this month, explains. “Every time I started running, my ankle would get sore again. But I did some work during the off-season and that helped a lot.“

He’s still a decent young player, but so far has failed to get back to the heights he reached previously and is in danger of being overtaken this season by other midfielders like Adeniran and Markelo and next season by Onyango.

I hope he can get fit and ready, I liked the look of him. Be a bonus if he can.

I believe we signed Kristensen last July, not sure why he hasn’t played , injury , bedding in maybe. For some reason our foreign signings don’t usually appear in the “ meet the new Scholars “ items, recently Nico Hansen, Einar Iversen we’re also omitted when they signed , maybe they sign a different type of contract or Scholars are purely those who came through the ranks.

I'm inclined to agree but they did include the foreign goalkeeper in this years. Either way I hope he now beds in and can get some game time.

This is tonight and its NOT on swansea's website, so we are relying on Everton to show it which i doubt but they have said nothing as yet,Everton need to win by 3 to go though or they are out,if that happens Everton knock swansea out- at the minute Monaco and west ham are going through as the 2 best 2nd placed teams both on 6 points with still a chance for others to take those places

But before then the u23s play again Monday home 7pm ko v Swansea in the premier league international cup, the top team go through from each of the 6 groups with the 2 highest ranked teams that end 2nd place in the 6 groups going through to make the final 8 teams - Everton will not go through with 4 points if they end 2nd so need a big win v swansea to go through as group winners like 3-0-if that happened it would knock swansea out

PREMIER LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL U23S CUP TABLE

Swansea 4 points from 2 games - scored 6/con 2 - GD plus 4
Porto 4 points from 3 games - scored 5/con 8 - GD minus 3
PSV 3 points from 3 games - scored 3/con 3 GD = 0
Everton 1 points from 2 games - Scored 3/con 4 GD minus 1

Last edited: