Everton Youth Teams Thread

What a touch by Evans to set up Simms in that first clip. Looks like he was heavily involved in a lot of good things. That lad has all the talent in the world and I thought Unsworth worked him really well having him play rb/wb a while back to teach him about tactics. When he went on loan a couple of times he didn't grab that chance by the balls which was needed. He's got quality, he's showing it and it will be interesting to see if he can at least just make the bench before the seasons out (where he will be released) . Looks like Dennis was involved loads as well and took both goals superbly (again, another player who has been with the first team this week) Branthwaite looks a very big unit doesn't he and that was never a pen!

Everton u18s Team v Leaders Man City u18s 11am ko

Leban, Astley, Hosie, Jonathan Anderson, Hagan, Quirk, Hughes, Onyango, Higgins, Cannon, Dobbin.
Subs McIntyre, Lowey, Dylan Thompson, Butterfield, Whitaker,

Man City u18s
Slicker, Robinson, Egan-Riley, Mbete-Tabu, Wilson-Esbrand, Oduroh, Robertson, Palmer (C), Bobb, Edozie, McAtee.
Subs McNeill, Goddard, Burns, Hodge, Wright-Phillips.

Last edited:
Anyone know how good Onyango is? Cheers

...clearly very highly thought of given his age and progression already. He’s physically imposing, so could be very powerful when he grows into his frame. I’m sure the club are working on his quality in possession of the ball, if he can develop on that front he’s clearly full of promise.

1-0 Everton u18s on 8mins - DOBBIN
A very unusual mistake by Egan-Riley allows Everton clean through and an easy square ball to Dobbin to fire past Slicker

City stoped a certain Everton goal with great tackling by Egan-Riley 2mins earlier

...I like Dobbin, he just looks right and it’s good to see him produce against the best sides.

Robertson booked for a late tackle earlier on, hits the woodwork with an overhead kick from a Palmer free kick for City on 27mins

Pen to man city, 1-1 on 33mins Palmer sends keeper wrong way - Palmer was tugged back for the penalty

Everton u18s Team v Leaders Man City u18s 11am ko

Leban, Astley, Hosie, Jonathan Anderson, Hagan, Quirk, Hughes, Onyango, Higgins, Cannon, Dobbin.
Subs McIntyre, Lowey, Dylan Thompson, Butterfield, Whitaker,

Man City u18s
Slicker, Robinson, Egan-Riley, Mbete-Tabu, Wilson-Esbrand, Oduroh, Robertson, Palmer (C), Bobb, Edozie, McAtee.
Subs McNeill, Goddard, Burns, Hodge, Wright-Phillips.
That’s a strong team from us, though still some decent players injured or nor selected. I’m always intrigued by the selections but of course don’t know anything about the thinking behind them , like is Harry Hagan rated more highly at CB than Dylan Thompson or is it just a rotation. ?

Palmer forces a good save from Everton Keeper Leban from a powerful low shot across him on 41mins

HT - City dominating later in the match, but Game level
Everton u18s 1 Man City u18s 1