Everton Youth Teams Thread

Which in itself is the issue, the young lads who are doing well for Chelsea right now - Abraham, Mount, Loftus Cheek etc - All spent time away and learned their craft with loan moves and kicked on from there. Despite being 4 months older than Mount for example, Hornby has played 4 career senior games compared to the 72 of Mount - only 8 of which have been at Chelsea.

Our philosophy just seems very odd, especially when you go back to that comment about Simms in which its almost acknowledged he needs to play open age football, but we're going against every talent development idea going and trying to replicate games in training. Just very odd.
The difference is that the Chelsea squad was so much stronger than ours and the team more difficult to break into.
Chelsea have literally dozens of players out on the overwhelming majority never go back to the club.

Dont forget this 2nd placed Derby u23s v 3rd placed Everton u23s game is tomorrow night 7pm ko,You need to make the free log in to be able to view,anyone from last season that had theres, it should still be ok as mine is,Everton could go top with a win
Next Everton u23s next League game is in 3 weeks time away to Derby and LIVE on Derby Website,
----------

While saturday morning 4th placed Everton u18s are away to 3rd placed wolves u18s at midday,Everton are 6 points off top with game in hand

Yeah, it's starting to feel like a very inefficient system

Said this for years now.

Sambou is the perfect example, I post this before he was inevitably released;

I've no clue whether Simms is any good but when/how can you answer that?

You can only beat what is in front of you.

Take Sambou, signed at 18 in 2016 for the U21s, he's been there 3 years, he's 21 now, contract up in June how long does it take at that level to draw a conclusion, before they're either given a go or moved along for the next?

Browning, Galloway, Pennington were all playing for the U23s long after the club concluded they weren't going to be first team material.

In my opinion, it seems we prioritise winning/competiting in that league at a cost of shifting players on.

Said this for years now.

Sambou is the perfect example, I post this before he was inevitably released;

Browning, Galloway, Pennington were all playing for the U23s long after the club concluded they weren't going to be first team material.

In my opinion, it seems we prioritise winning/competiting in that league at a cost of shifting players on.
Ironically, Sambou wasn’t released as such but offered a further contract and chose to leave to pursue 1st team football elsewhere. But it reinforces your point, the club’s decision was to try to hold onto a player who had never looked likely to break into our first team .

The Q/F Game will be played on Wed October 9th, kick-off 7pm.
Blackburn are the holders after beating Burnley 2-0 and have also won this Comp more than any other team,we have won it 7 times

This was the last time we won it in

Rovers have agreed to a request from Everton to postpone next week's Lancashire FA Senior Cup clash between the two teams.
The quarter-final tie, which was due to be played at the LFA County Ground in Leyland on Wednesday October 9th, has been called off due to international call-ups.
Date was only said on wednesday,then called off Late on Friday lol

New Date if it sticks for Q/F Blackburn Game is now Tuesday 29th October 1pm ko