BRIGHTON 35 POINTS FROM 20 GAMES - PLUS 12

2 games left of the season
Everton v Brighton at Goodison week tomorrow

Monday 29th april
Brighton v Chelsea
West ham v Everton

Ring master

Player Valuation: £70m
4th placed Everton u18s play there 2nd final game tomorrow home to Bottom placed Sunderland u18s,with a 12.30ko,while Monday as we know Everton u23s can win the league at home to Brighton,7pm ko,a draw may even be good enough but we would not know till last day as we have a 5 Goal GD better than Brighton-if it gets put on youtube i think Everton will do it last min or do it for members only-one way or the other i expect it to be LIve -though Brighton may show it from there POV

Bagpuss

Player Valuation: £2.5m
...delighted, I know a few of us have been impressed with this lad. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s part of Silva’s pre-season.
Think he is a shoe in Eggs. The fact that he is training with the first team at the minute Inthink shows that they like him. Would think pre season, new contract and championship loan for the lad will be how we see it go for next season.

Eggs

Think he is a shoe in Eggs. The fact that he is training with the first team at the minute Inthink shows that they like him. Would think pre season, new contract and championship loan for the lad will be how we see it go for next season.
....I was with you until you mentioned the ‘loan’ word. Gibson is a CB who can play LB, with Jagielka and Baines out of contract, i’d much prefer if Gibson was cover than loan.

I posted on another thread about loanees and could only come up with Osman, Barkley and Coleman who have played 50 league games for Everton after a loan spell. The most talented come straight in (Davies and DCL of late) because the Manager wants to use them.

I know the argument about these youngsters gaining experience, but the reality is that the vast majority of loanees have careers elsewhere.

Bagpuss

Player Valuation: £2.5m
....I was with you until you mentioned the ‘loan’ word. Gibson is a CB who can play LB, with Jagielka and Baines out of contract, i’d much prefer if Gibson was cover than loan.

I posted on another thread about loanees and could only come up with Osman, Barkley and Coleman who have played 50 league games for Everton after a loan spell. The most talented come straight in (Davies and DCL of late) because the Manager wants to use them.

I know the argument about these youngsters gaining experience, but the reality is that the vast majority of loanees have careers elsewhere.
I would have thought that at any other time in the past 20 years you would be right and that we would keep him and play him.
Everton have usually done well with blooding young defenders early.... just think his game time next year will be limited and it would be better for him to play 40 games in the championship than wasting his time with U23s football. If we get into the europa then keep him and play him if not a loan is the best we can do for the lad in my opinion.

Eggs

I would have thought that at any other time in the past 20 years you would be right and that we would keep him and play him.
Everton have usually done well with blooding young defenders early.... just think his game time next year will be limited and it would be better for him to play 40 games in the championship than wasting his time with U23s football. If we get into the europa then keep him and play him if not a loan is the best we can do for the lad in my opinion.
....I understand the logic, but being with the Everton 1st team manager, players and coaches will be invaluable. They can use him when necessary and look after the players development and welfare. League football is ultra competitive, let’s not forget Gibson is yet to play open-age footy, so the rigours of the Championship could be detrimental.

mightymoyes

Player Valuation: £60m
If we are really following Brands blueprint Gibson won't be going on loan and should be part of first team squad next season.
Unless he has a complete disaster of a preseason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.