Everton Youth Teams Thread

Nice to be still classed as giants.:)

https://www.psv.nl/english-psv/news...s-and-everton-take-part-in-2019-otten-cup.htm

Barcelona, Chivas and Everton take part in 2019 Otten Cup

date: 03-02-2019 13:00

The Otten Cup returns to Eindhoven in 2019 after a one-year absence. Giants including FC Barcelona, Chivas, Everton and Internazionale will take part in the international youth tournament at De Herdgang training facilities on 16, 17 and 18 August 2019.

Strong contenders

Besides the above-mentioned clubs and PSV, Red Bull Brasil, FC Copenhagen and Anderlecht will be given a warm welcome at De Herdgang training facilities. Last year, the tournament did not take place because of extensive renovations that were carried out at de Herdgang.

Football stars of the future in action at De Herdgang The Otten Cup has built up a good reputation for showcasing the stars of the future. Many players have made their name in the professional game after playing in the international tournament. Founded in 1947, the tournament was named after Frans Otten, the former president of Philips.

Remainder EVERTON U23S play tonight away to swansea 7PM,it was due to be showing Live on swansea's website,but the venue has changed and now at swansea's LIBERTY STADIUM and that seems to have changed it been live as its now saying nothing at the minute

plus tomorrow Everton u18s play man utd u18s 6pm LIVE ON MUTV

Remainder EVERTON U23S play tonight away to swansea 7PM,it was due to be showing Live on swansea's website,but the venue has changed and now at swansea's LIBERTY STADIUM and that seems to have changed it been live as its now saying nothing at the minute

plus tomorrow Everton u18s play man utd u18s 6pm LIVE ON MUTV

...notice Simms played for U18s on Saturday, so unlikely to be involved tonight. Interesting that he’s mainly being kept in his own age group. He appears to have the physicality to cope, but his appearances in the older age group are restricted. I think Gordon is being managed similarly.

I wonder if it’s because they are forwards, and the club are more likely to step defensive players up.

...notice Simms played for U18s on Saturday, so unlikely to be involved tonight. Interesting that he’s mainly being kept in his own age group. He appears to have the physicality to cope, but his appearances in the older age group are restricted. I think Gordon is being managed similarly.

I wonder if it’s because they are forwards, and the club are more likely to step defensive players up.

To be fair, few games I’ve seen him for U23 he’s been anonymous.

He’s always been the better player for me.
Certainly agree Adeydoyin is the more skilfull, but hasn’t been as prolific as Simms and for me it’s slightly worrying that he hasn’t played up at U23s level yet. I think we’ve only had five 2nd year Scholars play up so far, Michael Collins, Kyle John, Iversen, Gordon and Simms. That’s the starting point I imagine for players who’ll be with us next season , maybe 2 or 3 more will be given contracts , maybe not . Think he needs to step up between now and end of the season or go the way of Delial Brewster.

Certainly agree Adeydoyin is the more skilfull, but hasn’t been as prolific as Simms and for me it’s slightly worrying that he hasn’t played up at U23s level yet. I think we’ve only had five 2nd year Scholars play up so far, Michael Collins, Kyle John, Iversen, Gordon and Simms. That’s the starting point I imagine for players who’ll be with us next season , maybe 2 or 3 more will be given contracts , maybe not . Think he needs to step up between now and end of the season or go the way of Delial Brewster.

Yeh it’s a little confusing but lots about the U23 set up confuses me so maybe it’s just not wanting to stifle his development. Like they moved some up from the 18’s and they’ve barely kicked a football all season. It’s a bit of a mess to me.

Yeh it’s a little confusing but lots about the U23 set up confuses me so maybe it’s just not wanting to stifle his development. Like they moved some up from the 18’s and they’ve barely kicked a football all season. It’s a bit of a mess to me.

I think with all the chopping and changing of managers we've ended up with far too many players as each manager wants to check players out for themselves. I hope at the end of this season Brands has had a good look and can reduce the size of the squad considerably. Players like Kiersey, Bramall, Mathis, Renshaw have barely featured and they are in their 2nd and 3rd years full time so I imagine they will be moved on. Charsley and Hewelt are of an age where they clearly aren't going to make it with us so I think likewise. Browning is being courted in China so will either leave soon or when his contract ends. Galloway I think we will have to accept will be here another year. Foulds, Ouzounidis and Mampala have been around squads when they are fit so might get offers. However its difficult to 2nd guess as every year they seem to keep a couple on who are expected to be released they don't play them then release them a year later. Its almost like they are scared and would rather right the money off than risk being wrong.

U23S GAME IS Now Going to be Live on swanseas facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SwanseaCityFC/ [not sure if on via twitter,website as well]

DylJTeDXcAAmTpt.jpg:large