Everton Youth Teams Thread

He was the best player on the team that won the U21 World Cup, it wasn't THAT long ago...is this just because he's not getting a game at LFC? How many of those guys are playing at their big clubs?
He won the award but I watched most the games and he really wasn't all that. Scored some tap ins and I think one quality goal and got rewarded for it. At that point I'd have rather had DCL and I still feel that way.

I think Browning will get a decent contract off a championship or league one club when his contract is up at Everton, I agree that it's possible they wouldn't have paid money for him, but I'd bet he gets a good signing on fee off the club who signs him, I'd also bet a lot more that Everton will get 2 or 3£M for Pennington when he is transferred, just between us
Eggs I'll bet you a penny.

..a lot will depend on how Pennington impresses on loan but there was little or no demand for him in the summer and he only moved in the last few days. I just can’t see him being in Silva’s plans and it might be a problem moving him on with 2 years left on his contract.

..a lot will depend on how Pennington impresses on loan but there was little or no demand for him in the summer and he only moved in the last few days. I just can’t see him being in Silva’s plans and it might be a problem moving him on with 2 years left on his contract.
Big season for Pennington, and in fairness he seems to be doing well. I share your and others concerns about whether he’ll ever be good enough for us . In the big picture, Williams won’t be coming back, Jagielka is 37 at the start of next season , Zouma is likely to be back at Chelsea so we’ll have need for back ups. The optimist in me is hoping that Pennington can step up this season and make a case for being back up next season.

..we would only get a transfer fee if another club is willing to buy and the player himself is willing to go. I’m not sure any club will be willing to buy Browning (or Pennington). Giving these types new contracts are part of the reason the squad is so big and unused players stay for years on big bucks.
You'd wonder why Pennington was offered the contract given it doesn't look as though he'll ever attain the level required if we want to be a top six club on a regular basis.

You'd wonder why Pennington was offered the contract given it doesn't look as though he'll ever attain the level required if we want to be a top six club on a regular basis.
It was a strange one for me. He still had a year left and we gave him a year extension. Unless they were trying to get a better sale price when we sold him in which case it backfired.