Everton Youth Teams Thread

Bowler has played well but he really needs to use his right foot too, cutting inside onto his left can’t always be done.
I still find it bizarre that we don’t have a “regular” right back at this level , Charsley is like the other winger would be full backs we’ve tried, lacking defensive nous. It’s ok to try these players there, that’s what these competitions are all about, my worry is that an injury to Kenny and we don’t have anyone who has played right back regularly thus season . Markelo has probably had the most games at RB but is nowhere near PL level. So we end up with using Holgate at right back if Kenny is injured .
Bowler did have a couple of crosses with his right foot after the defenders had him covered on his left.

Charsley obviously has a football brain from the different positions he has played, but probably like Broadhead is just a little too weak to make it at the top despite the brains and skill. (I don't mean wimpy, just that you are up against such powerful players consistently that you have to be able to stand your ground.)

..very interested in the Adeniran views. He came in for decent money but I suspect a mixture of poor form and injuries have played a part. Not a goalscorer but a scorer of great goals, I expect he’s more of a box-to-box midfielder than Barkley.

It must take time for these lads to settle into a new club.

Bowler has played well but he really needs to use his right foot too, cutting inside onto his left can’t always be done.
I still find it bizarre that we don’t have a “regular” right back at this level , Charsley is like the other winger would be full backs we’ve tried, lacking defensive nous. It’s ok to try these players there, that’s what these competitions are all about, my worry is that an injury to Kenny and we don’t have anyone who has played right back regularly thus season . Markelo has probably had the most games at RB but is nowhere near PL level. So we end up with using Holgate at right back if Kenny is injured .
THink it would be digne & Baines to left back. Fairly sure he had a spell at right back for Roma.

Group after 1 game in the checkatrade trophy

Barnsley are top of the group on 3 points
Bradford now 2nd on 2 points - [1 point for the pen shoot out win beating us ]
Everton 3rd on 1 point
Oldham 0 points

Oldham v everton 30th october next game in this trophy