everton winning race for kirkby

Status
Not open for further replies.

uknightbreed

Player Valuation: £35m
just came across this article in the mail.

normally id say its just another non news kirkby article.

but the thing i found interesting was the last comment...

"Chairman Bill Kenwright's plan to sell is on hold until he knows if the club are moving, while manager David Moyes is unlikely to have transfer funds to spend in January. "

now does that mean that even if there is a buyer interested in us , then kenwright still wont sell until after the kirkby decision ?

imo if there are interested parties , then kenwright should sell up now !

He's always been in it for a massive slice of publicity and a big golden handshake when he moves on. He's put [Poor language removed] all into this club (buying shares isn't 'putting into the club', by the way) and he'd like to walk away with into the sunset with the profits from a sale of a stadium that hands us all an uncertain future. And there's still people who see the Barrymore parading con man as 'doing his best' for the club.

As for Elstone: if he thinks his inquisitors at the Inquiry will stand for his back of a beer mat projections for either the future 'hell-hole' of Goodison Park or the future Xanadu at Kirkby Retaildome, he's got a big shock coming his way. Yopu cant hide behind your power point presentation this time around mate.

Invest in a rolling in guaranteed SKY money Premiership football club with massive support base = shooting fish in a barrel.

Business plan from the off: get in there, attract enough capital to come in with you but not enough with the voting power to unseat you...get a stadium built through whatever means - public (KD) or private (DK) partnership - walk away with handsome profit.

Bill's within touching distance of pulling the scam off, he can probably taste the money. It's going be sweet as a [Poor language removed] nut when he's denied it all and Destination Kirkby is knocked back.

Yes, with all that guaranteed income it's amazing how much profit we make each year. Clearly the players don't take the vast majority of all Sky money in wages. Also it seems this so called vast supporter base are so bloody useless that they'd all abandon the club should we dare move the ground to Kirkby.

Blue Bill - Snake Oil Salesman Extraordinaire

Invest in a rolling in guaranteed SKY money Premiership football club with massive support base = shooting fish in a barrel.

Business plan from the off: get in there, attract enough capital to come in with you but not enough with the voting power to unseat you...get a stadium built through whatever means - public (KD) or private (DK) partnership - walk away with handsome profit.

Bill's within touching distance of pulling the scam off, he can probably taste the money. It's going be sweet as a [Poor language removed] nut when he's denied it all and Destination Kirkby is knocked back.

So what your saying infact is hes a pretty cute buissness man. Shocker: invester looks for profit on return. Im turning now!

Give away your toy Bill, Kenwirght out! Bomb the Boys Pen, everythings [Poor language removed], we're a disgrace. More obstructed views.

Arabs wont sell us down the river for a profit!lol

Last edited:
Yes, with all that guaranteed income it's amazing how much profit we make each year. Clearly the players don't take the vast majority of all Sky money in wages. Also it seems this so called vast supporter base are so bloody useless that they'd all abandon the club should we dare move the ground to Kirkby.

Blue Bill - Snake Oil Salesman Extraordinaire

Never mind profit, you mentioned risk. Is it the case Kenwright is out of pocket since taking control and whilst he waits to catch his stadium gravy train? Or has he sat back and recycled players and sold assets to keep control while that plan comes to fruition?

I'd say the risk is pretty high right now. Of course he's out of pocket since taking control of the club because he spent heavily to do so, and I don't believe he's taken a salary whilst in charge of the club. So until the club is sold he will be heavily out of pocket.

The recycling of players and selling of assets as you put it has been required to keep the likes of Cal happy who demand big bucks are spent each transfer window when we aren't generating the cash to fund these splurges organically.

He's not perfect, of course he isn't. The management of the club could be improved significantly, particularly on the commercial side of things. And of course he isn't a billionaire who can throw money at the club. But to listen to some of the accusations thrown at the man you would think he's the worst thing to ever happen to this club, which is grossly unfair.

I'd say the risk is pretty high right now. Of course he's out of pocket since taking control of the club because he spent heavily to do so, and I don't believe he's taken a salary whilst in charge of the club. So until the club is sold he will be heavily out of pocket.

The recycling of players and selling of assets as you put it has been required to keep the likes of Cal happy who demand big bucks are spent each transfer window when we aren't generating the cash to fund these splurges organically.

He's not perfect, of course he isn't. The management of the club could be improved significantly, particularly on the commercial side of things. And of course he isn't a billionaire who can throw money at the club. But to listen to some of the accusations thrown at the man you would think he's the worst thing to ever happen to this club, which is grossly unfair.

Bruce, does that mean that he does not take any expenses from the club ?
I find your loyalty touching but somewhat misguided. One only has to look back at the Kings Dock debacle. In an attempt to get rid of Paul Gregg, Kenwright suddenly came up with the Fortress Sports Fund. The money, on a fairly regular basis, was going to be in the bank the following week. Then the week after, then the week after that etc., etc.
While I accept that Kenwright, possibly, rescued us from Agent Johnson he has done little to merit the "Unfairness" tag that you have chosen to bestow upon him.
To my uncertain knowledge we now find ourselves mortgaged up to the eyeballs on Goodison Park. We clearly have no more money. And we are now pursuing the Council for their mean spirited denial of using Bellefield to finance the new stadium. I suspect that we have also spunked all of the Sky money but I would be guessing at that.
This is all under the tenure of Kenwright.

Why is it high risk, because of the recession? We wait and see how that affects the industry. Leaving the crystal ball one side, what we do know for sure is that he ploughed in just over £7M to buy a club valued at £30M. The value of the club this year was, according to Forbes (and quoted and crowed about by Everton FC on the OS) $137M.

How is that being 'out of pocket'? It's an investment that's gained massive value.

If what you're saying is that BK has put a bigger % of his personal wealth into the club in comparison to other club owners then yes, I suppose that's more of a 'gamble' than Abramovich's at Chelsea. But let's not get stupid here by saying Bill Kenwright is 'out of pocket' clearly he isn't...far from it.

I believe I'm right in saying that Kenwright is the only PL chairman not to take a salary or expenses from his role.

As I said, I'm not suggesting that everything at the club is perfect because it clearly isn't. There have been many things during his tenure that havn't gone right, but then it's unlikely that any of us here will have lived a life free of mistakes.

Again, I said that the off-field performance by the club probably hasn't been good enough to raise money commercially. It would probably be fair to argue however that because Kenwright is a fan he's as reluctant to make the club too commercial as a non-partisan investor would be keen to do the opposite. As it is we have some of the cheapest tickets in the PL. Are you saying you'd be happy paying the same price as Spurs or Arsenal? I can just imagine the hate thrown his way if he even attempted that.

So if raising money through traditional means is out of the question, and dipping into his own pocket isn't an option, at least on the scale required, what other options exist other than taking out loans and raising short-term finance by sale/leaseback style schemes?

It's easy to say what the man isn't but after Johnson we needed stability on the pitch, and he gave us that. It's perhaps easy to forget how many were calling for Moyes head after we flirted with relegation. Yet he held his nerve and we qualified for the CL the next season.

Why is it high risk, because of the recession? We wait and see how that affects the industry. Leaving the crystal ball one side, what we do know for sure is that he ploughed in just over £7M to buy a club valued at £30M. The value of the club this year was, according to Forbes (and quoted and crowed about by Everton FC on the OS) $137M.

How is that being 'out of pocket'? It's an investment that's gained massive value.

If what you're saying is that BK has put a bigger % of his personal wealth into the club in comparison to other club owners then yes, I suppose that's more of a 'gamble' than Abramovich's at Chelsea. But let's not get stupid here by saying Bill Kenwright is 'out of pocket' clearly he isn't...far from it.

Ha ha you make it sound like hes breaking the law, one word capitalism. Is it not the mark of a good buissness man to invest 7 mill and make a potential return of 30 mill? Make up you mind Dave either hes [Poor language removed] or canny! I wonder why the club has increased in value? Just good luck i guess.

Ha ha you invest 7 million and your not out of pocket, are you having a laugh mate. If Kenwright is such a bad buissness man and Everton is such an easy money making buissness why arent the more whiley Buissness investors not tripping over themselves to invest.

Oh i forgot, Bills a bit of a masacheist and secretly gets of on abusive vile being thrown at him not to mention death threats!

Last edited:

I made quite a bit of money during the dot-com boom. Or at least I did by your rules. Of course I didn't sell the shares at the right time and ended up losing a large chunk of it. Paper wealth is just that. It's not real until someone decides to buy it off you. Right now no one seems interested in buying us, either because we're a financial black hole or don't have certainty over the stadium. We're also a club that's on the brink financially and dependent on credit to survive each year. That's credit at a time when credit is hard to come by.

So if Kenwright only wins if/when the club is sold I would say it is a high risk position he's in because both buyers aren't beating down his door and their exists a real risk of him losing it all if we don't find a buyer. Of course we could stabalise things financially by selling our best players. I'm sure that would go down a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.