everton will never be at the top again

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesbattersby

Player Valuation: £8m
There's an article on bbc about the money now in football and that was the view of former Liverpool managing director christian purslow. Wont let me post link, was just wondering what others thoughts on this was .

There's an article on bbc about the money now in football and that was the view of former Liverpool managing director christian purslow. Wont let me post link, was just wondering what others thoughts on this was .

Things change mate.

Ever is a long time. Will need a huge shift in the way either the premier league or everton are run but those happen every other decade.

Still pisses me off that Sheik took over City.

I mean Man City FFS. Shaun Goater FFS.

Why them? (Stadium apart)

Answered your own question mate. Also the fact they share the main part of their name with United makes it a lot easier to enhance the brand of their club.

never's a stupid thing to say! what about a breakaway european league which we're not part of? we could walk the league every year in that case.

never's a stupid thing to say! what about a breakaway european league which we're not part of? we could walk the league every year in that case.

If that was to happen this league would no longer be as prestige. If say the top 6 media darlings went to play in a European Elite, this one wouldn't be as meaningful.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24958189

Purslow makes out he's an expert but he made some terrible decisions whilst running Liverpool, which is pretty much the reason he got forced out. Now he's trying to be the go-to financial expert for the media on football finance stories.

Take it all with a pinch of salt.

Everton have been battling against the odds for the last 20 years. Nothing will change unless the club ownership changes hands. We've always been pretty close to the top 4/6 over the past 5-6 years. The 'rich teams' can only put 11 players on the park at any one time.

I kind of take issue with him lumping Everton into the same category as Newcastle (in the last 5 years relegated and promoted, finished 5th then finished 16th, and Aston Villa (struggled for the last 3 years since O'Neill left and they sold their best players without replacing them). Everton are far more stable and consistent than either of those two clubs.

Last edited:

Pretty sure both Everton finished above Liverpool last season, Newcastle got into Europe the season before as well.

What a bellend.

the fact they share the main part of their name with United makes it a lot easier to enhance the brand of their club.

I reckon we should change our name to Liverpool City. After all, who the hell has even heard of Everton? Only when you mention that we're in the city of Liverpool do we get that wide-eyed recognition.

We can definitely sell more shirts in Taiwan that way too, and hopefully attract a rich Arab Sheikh or American Baseball owner who can change our name, motto and club colours any way he likes as long as it gets us some transfer spending money.

In fact, we should just merge with Liverpool FC. Kill two birds and all that. They get to keep the name, and the colour red, and Anfield, and YNWA (and ok, the bird too). But I'm sure we can put a bit of old Everton identification in there somewhere.

Nothing but the best is good enough, ay lads?

ok, back to seriousface. The money in football is a sickness which is killing the game. Bill Kenwright is villified by plenty round here, but I believe he has protected our club from just the sort of crap that befell the likes of Blackburn (Venkys) and Cardiff (the latter with that horrendous colour change).

Wasn't Purslow integral to the deals for Carroll / Henderson/ downing etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.