Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a funny feeling we will do this. I don’t know why, but it’s a feeling that I have.

To say I am not nervous, would be me lying, but I’m keeping my hopes up.

Let’s hope the boys tomorrow make good use of attacking free kicks and pump the balls in deep, as that’s City’s archillies heal nobody seems to be noticing.
I have that same 'funny feeling' as well. These are not super heroes, and as you quite correctly state, play to our strengths and nullify theirs.
Crowding midfield and pushing quickly onto attack, with first time crosses, the power and willingness to attack the ball by DCL and Richy will make them wary of all out attack.
We shouldn't be negative about this. As with boxing, it is not the second best any champion faces which worries them as they will know all about them, it is the unknown quantity which can cause an upset. With injuries, Everton have that unknown aura surrounding them. {TRS cup game last year spring to mind}?
Keep The Faith Blue brothers and sisters.

I hope we put 11 men behind the ball and hit them once on the break, a mis-hit shot from Seamus ricochetting in off Stones grid! Then let the medi whores say how lucky we were. Because if we play like the galacticos and beat them 15:0 we will still get zero credit!

I hope we put 11 men behind the ball and hit them once on the break, a mis-hit shot from Seamus ricochetting in off Stones grid! Then let the medi whores say how lucky we were. Because if we play like the galacticos and beat them 15:0 we will still get zero credit!
I’m the same. I’d love a really ugly, spawny win.

think we're shipping 5 tonight. no douc, no james, no pick/olsen. i mean, how bad is virginia when he couldn't get a spot infront of a tragic pick and we had to get olsen who's by no means an upgrade over pick :D this is going to be a disaster. hope we park the bus and pray that we don't concede in first 10 mins.

i honestly didn't think injuries can deplete a premier league team THIS BAD. our bench is... kids? even allan has to play and it's obvious he's not back to full fitness.

edit: put on some music,

thinking of going on a trip and watch this game with kaleidoscope eyes.

Last edited:
2-2 wasn't it? We had Brian Kidd sent off, quite a bit of aggro that day if I remember correctly.

Yes. We lost the replay 3-1. City got to the Final which saw the first ever replay and THAT Ricky Villa goal.

Elmswood - It was the 6th round (QF) not the 5th.

I was at that match. Looked like we were heading for the semis when Paul Power stretched and toe poked the bouncing ball over Seamus McDonagh with just 6 minutes to go.

Gordon Lee was manager

I just knew, leaving the ground that our Cup Run was over.

I wasn't even 16, yetI was over on the B&I with the Dublin ESC ! In safe hands I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.