Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...talking to my son this morning, he said more disappointing than depressing which is probably fair enough, but Tosun’s penalty was just ‘nothing’. It was pivotal. The team down to the bare bones fighting their way back like that, youngsters Holgate and DCL had conviction and character in their efforts.
Yeh, it was "weak".

What could have been eh?!

Can't believe how far off his line Kasper was when the ball was struck. Pointless having the linesman stood there if he can't see that... Possibly the rule has been forgotten about since it's initial introduction.

The only thing keeping me hopeful is Ancelotti's impending arrival.

Dont worry lads the squad will look different come the start of next season and we can really push on.

Maybe the FA Cup can still bring us some joy - if not the priority now has to be to sneak into 6th/7th - Arsenal wont get top 7 this season imo and Utd are still a loss away from being ropey - just need to go on a winning run and try get ahead of the likes of Wolves/Sheff Utd.

Can't believe how far off his line Kasper was when the ball was struck. Pointless having the linesman stood there if he can't see that... Possibly the rule has been forgotten about since it's initial introduction.
That linesman didnt see anything for the whole 90 minutes. Was guessing or looking at the referee for obvious decisions. The level of officiating in this country is embarrassing.

....depressing last night, still depressing this morning. I’m sure I’m not the only one who had a restless sleep. Everton do that to their outstanding supporters.

Can’t give MoM to Baines, I love the little fella but his penalty was woeful. Worst, though, was Tosun’s. I knew it when he went up to congratulate Pickford on his fine save rather than focusing on his own job. Tosun had the opportunity to put our heads in front, to put pressure on Leicester, instead the whole mood shifted. It was the pivotal moment, I knew then it was over.

Tosun showed; no conviction; no determination; no focus; no concentration; no guts; no technique; no idea; no practice; no power; no belief; no quality; no talent; no chance; no good.

Tosun is the epitome of a Steve Walsh signing.
Wow eggs never heard you be so scathing of an Everton player before, you're usually the epitome of common sense and reasonableness, never seen this side of eggs before.

I was working a late shift last night so didn’t catch any of the match and starting to read through here now.

Watched the highlight with bleary eyes last night and couldn’t believe how much space Maddison had for their first.

The second though, I thought Evans had a pretty blatant push in the back on Keane (I think) to wind up in so much space at the far post. Was there a VAR check at all? Don’t see how that’s any different from the one palace had chalked off against the RS in the league, except nobody threw themselves on the floor.

Anyway, after that must have been an incredible atmosphere when Bainesy equalised in the last minute. What a goal. Just typical that it counts for nought.

Last point, Pickford dancing after saving the first pen can do one. Little nobhead.

The morning after the night before, what could have been, yet again. A Semi Final against Aston Villa, what more could you ask for.
We need carlo announced and in. The squad is hit by injuries and illness (not sure what is wrong with the two poorly lads but all seems a bit strange). Squad needs rebuilding again. In the last two home games we've seen Chelsea and Leicester with two young fresh attacking midfields. I like Tom Davies but I look at him and think, would you get into any of the top teams, the answer is no. Kante, Mount, Maddison, Ndidi have all shone for me, we need someone like that and I hope Carlo brings someone in. Michael Keane is finished here I'm afraid. You cant have one good game and then follow it with five bad. We need a big no nonsense CB. Forget all this passing from the back. Obviously we need a striker too but we are crying out for fast, creative players to take us to the next level. We are throwing on Tosun, Niasse etc to win or save games, we need game changers. Onwards to the next experience of being a EFC fan

Wow eggs never heard you be so scathing of an Everton player before, you're usually the epitome of common sense and reasonableness, never seen this side of eggs before.

...it annoys me, Nobby, when a player shows absolutely no conviction. I was convinced when he ran up to take that penalty that he had no idea where he was putting it. They should practice, they should pick their spot and they should strike the ball with pace.

Every bit of momentum team had achieved was undone in that instant.

I was working a late shift last night so didn’t catch any of the match and starting to read through here now.

Watched the highlight with bleary eyes last night and couldn’t believe how much space Maddison had for their first.

The second though, I thought Evans had a pretty blatant push in the back on Keane (I think) to wind up in so much space at the far post. Was there a VAR check at all? Don’t see how that’s any different from the one palace had chalked off against the RS in the league, except nobody threw themselves on the floor.

Anyway, after that must have been an incredible atmosphere when Bainesy equalised in the last minute. What a goal. Just typical that it counts for nought.

Last point, Pickford dancing after saving the first pen can do one. Little nobhead.
Think it’s down to inexperience of Davies and Holgate playing in the middle mate. Holgate still really a centre back by trade. Think we got away with it against Man U because there midfield isn’t a dynamic as Maddison and nidi. Also ain’t not VAR in the League cup. And yeah was great then Baines scored but penalties we are just so weak and have always been.

Having been last night a few thoughts.
How we ended up with siggy Bernard etc and not even bid for Madison is a mystery to me.
Leicester are 2nd in the league we had loads out so competed ok and the crowd defo lifted them to the draw.
We have players who try but some have problems with even basic control like Tom Davies, iwobi. Thisr means they always have problems getting a good pass away.
DCL tried but never really got in the game.
Keane still scared if his own shadow.
Have said a few times about Pickford's size. From the st.end schmeichel looked absolutely massive in goal compared to Pickford
Didn't look.like we had practiced taking penalties. Defo a training issue and a bit amateurish of us as penalties were definitely an option
But with all these injuries and Leicester's position we competed well and they were broken after bainesy goal. Oh for another 10 minutes.
Crowd were fantastic for me even though we struggled for 70 mins.
Got to be up for Arsenal now.
COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.