Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small margins with Everton. Mina scores and we win that but instead it goes to penalties which really is one of our Achilles heels as very few of our players can competently take them. It’s horrible the season being over this early but as long as we keep making poor managerial appointments and continue our disastrous transfer policy we will continue to pay the price.

....depressing last night, still depressing this morning. I’m sure I’m not the only one who had a restless sleep. Everton do that to their outstanding supporters.

Can’t give MoM to Baines, I love the little fella but his penalty was woeful. Worst, though, was Tosun’s. I knew it when he went up to congratulate Pickford on his fine save rather than focusing on his own job. Tosun had the opportunity to put our heads in front, to put pressure on Leicester, instead the whole mood shifted. It was the pivotal moment, I knew then it was over.

Tosun showed; no conviction; no determination; no focus; no concentration; no guts; no technique; no idea; no practice; no power; no belief; no quality; no talent; no chance; no good.

Tosun is the epitome of a Steve Walsh signing.

....depressing last night, still depressing this morning. I’m sure I’m not the only one who had a restless sleep. Everton do that to their outstanding supporters.

Can’t give MoM to Baines, I love the little fella but his penalty was woeful. Worst, though, was Tosun’s. I knew it when he went up to congratulate Pickford on his fine save rather than focusing on his own job. Tosun had the opportunity to put our heads in front, to put pressure on Leicester, instead the whole mood shifted. It was the pivotal moment, I knew then it was over.

Tosun showed; no conviction; no determination; no focus; no concentration; no guts; no technique; no idea; no practice; no power; no belief; no quality; no talent; no chance; no good.

I might be wrong but I think Walsh was gone when we signed Tosun.

Bloody hell Eggs, don't hold back will you.

I was too annoyed to post last night. God knows how they can give as dire a display as that...fight back admirably with spirit...then chuck it away so unprofessionally in the shootout. Why cant some of them control the ball properly, retain possession with ease, then pass it properly...surely the bread and butter of any professional footballer ? Poor Iwobi played as though he had bin lids on his feet. And he wasnt alone..there was plenty of choice. Weve got "The Childe of Hale" going forward for well played corners, then in the right spot, heading the ball as though his head was shaped like a 50p. The shootout was a disgrace especially after Pickfords initial save... theres no excuse for such casual amateurish penalties especially the short run ups that have 'miss' written all over them before the ball is even kicked. Ah well... been here before many a time. Get that Chelsea spirit back for Saturday for Christ sake, Duncan..kick their arses, strangle them... anything. Arsenal are in free fall...we need 3 points so dont let us be the ones to break their fall.

First half showed the gulf between the two clubs, one team were organised, fluid and a team the other was Everton.

Second half much better, but in all honesty the better team won. We are so light in midfield, injuries have left us woefully exposed there. Up top, Tosun surely has to go - Kean tried really hard - so DF was right in the Man U game - DCL is no winger and it was nice to see Gordon get a cameo, although he had barely any time to show much.

All in all, at 2-0 down half time, turned out to be quite an exciting evening. Once Baines missed I knew we were done. MOTM really difficult, probably Tom Davies for me.

Said the same to my mate after Tosun pen. Absolutely no conviction. I blindly had faith he’d pummel that one in after their miss but you’re right as soon as he missed you knew we’d lose.

Bloody hell Eggs, don't hold back will you.

...talking to my son this morning, he said more disappointing than depressing which is probably fair enough, but Tosun’s penalty was just ‘nothing’. It was pivotal. The team down to the bare bones fighting their way back like that, youngsters Holgate and DCL had conviction and character in their efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.