Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say it's not a cup we really want? We've never won it, it should be one of our main priorities for me. We need a trophy

We want a trophy but not that one really. Chances are the league cup with UEFAs new propositions will be defunct in the next few years just as they have done in France and then it would be a meaningless honour on our honours list. I get what your saying about winning something and hopefully with ancelotti soon to take over he can build a squad capable of competing for the proper major trophies not the Mickey mouse cup.

Great comeback but why aren’t the players up for it from the 1st minute to the last

That first 45 was woeful

We got back in the game from an out of the blue goal after Richy got a cross in and a wonder strike from nowhere it was hardly deserved

3 shots on target in 90 mins at home

Something is not right with these players

I wonder what Big Dunc said at halftime? And can we bottle some of it for this weekend’s match?
Whatever he said made them try harder. They were still abysmal. How they scored two is beyond me. Having said that, they are on the bones to get a team out and have two good results on sheer effort. After Sunday today came a bit soon to be as bright. No shame in it, we need many players to get fit.

Just got back to where I live.... Leicester !!!! Gutted to have thrown that away having dragged ourselves back into it. Those missed pens were so poor and Pickford seemed to have no idea after his brilliant first stop. Although I could see why they did it, sitting back first half was a big mistake in my opinion but the last 20 minutes they showed some heart to build on and I still think we will turn Arsenal over. But for a variety of reasons that team has hardly any creativity and precious little quality in the final third of the pitch. Hopefully, if Ancelotti signs on the dotted line, he will be able to address a few of these glaring weaknesses. Everything crossed!!

Just got back to where I live.... Leicester !!!! Gutted to have thrown that away having dragged ourselves back into it. Those missed pens were so poor and Pickford seemed to have no idea after his brilliant first stop. Although I could see why they did it, sitting back first half was a big mistake in my opinion but the last 20 minutes they showed some heart to build on and I still think we will turn Arsenal over. But for a variety of reasons that team has hardly any creativity and precious little quality in the final third of the pitch. Hopefully, if Ancelotti signs on the dotted line, he will be able to address a few of these glaring weaknesses. Everything crossed!!
Same, took me over 3 hours to get there and 2 and half back

I wish extra ti e was still played, I hate it going to pens straight after 90 minutes.

Yeah, because then we wouldn't have had that great, and not-at-all-embarrassing "Gosling118 dot com" website - yes, you heard, an entire website devoted to a single match winning goal over the RS.

Somebody paid actual money for the domain. The sodomites are right to laugh.

Another close game we lost, showed desire and fight but lacked cretivity, it hurts to be out of the cup before semi's but not reasons to be optimistic.

Gutted. The draw worked out for us had we been in the semis which makes it even harder! Honestly thought this was our year in the league cup.
When does baines ever miss a penalty? It’s just typical of our luck these last years

positive note, when do we ever come back from 2-0 down? Although for large parts we were outplayed still work to be done!

two or three times vardy or one of there players bumped him off the ball he is about 6ft 4 and lets a fella thin as a rake barge him off what is that about.
It was Vardy and it was an orchestrated attempt to unsettle him. Every time Vardy went one on one with him same thing. Very weak is Mr Keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.