Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spirited second half - not something we would have seen under Marco Silva having been 2 goals down.

Pickford gets another penalty save and was good to see Kean get a good run out, too!

Great goal from Baines, onwards to Saturday!

Given the injuries we have and playing almost our second team it was a very good effort. 2nd half was terrific stuff. Baines turning back the clock. The penalty shoot out is basically a lottery, having Tosun taking the 1st penalty was strange for me, he must be low on confidence given how rarely he plays. Anyway onward and upward, get Carlo in and thanks to Duncan for a great effort.

Sorry was this tonight's match. I was in the Gwladys Street and thought the support and atmosphere was brilliant. Most of the abuse was directed at referee Moss for not sorting out their time wasting. Iwobi had a disaster tbh but thought our fans really supported the team. When baines got went in the noise after was amazing. Why Moss let their keeper square up to our penalty taker every time I don't know. But we are too nice our players should have been into their keeper the first time he squared up. Moss would have had to do something then. Hope if Ancellotti comes he signs players who can play and also abides. We have been too nice for too long
Yes mate, I did say that I was describing about a tenth of the crowd. There was loads of bells in block GT3, it was embarrassing.

The atmosphere was great at the start but went quiet within ten mins of the start. It got better when we pulled one back and obviously the place went mental at 2-2 but it was pretty poor for a fairly "big game".

Reasons we lost tonight:

Too many injuries

A cone layer as manager

If we had Gbamin/Gomes/Delph/Digne/Sidibe in that team with Ancelotti as manager we would have won that.

Just got to take it on the chin and move on.

Silva saw to it that the season was a write off - now we have a massive opportunity getting a top class manager in to push us forward.

Look how long it took Klopp/LFC to get to where they are - next season is the one lads lets just try sneak 7th and get into the EL for next season.

Just stfu you clueless fraud. Pretending that actually know what you are talking about.

I just can´t understand the "ah well, onto the next one" attitude. Fair play to people for keeping the faith but once again I´m crushed if not at all surprised.

Lad we had kin Holgate in midfield and an interim as manager against a side 2nd in the table!

We just aint that good a side - put Gbamin, Gomes, Digne, Sidibe, Delph, Siggurdsson and Walcott in that team and we might have won.

Just got to move on was just typical Everton we had so many injuries coming into this - even Bernard isnt fully fit.

Lad we had kin Holgate in midfield and an interim as manager against a side 2nd in the table!

We just aint that good a side - put Gbamin, Gomes, Digne, Sidibe, Delph, Siggurdsson and Walcott in that team and we might have won.

Just got to move on was just typical Everton we had so many injuries coming into this - even Bernard isnt fully fit.

And then when we go out to Liverpool, it´ll be because the draw was unlucky. My frustration isn´t just based upon tonight, it´s 24 years of nothing that has built up.

Status
Not open for further replies.