Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who is still doing the sky is falling we might get relegated thing should turn it down a notch. 3 games with no real tactics and just a lot of effort was enough to get a win and two draws vs top half sides. We're going to be alright.

New manager bounce has done well for us. There are still huge issues all over the pitch. Mainly at centre half, the amount of battles they lost in that area of the pitch tonight is criminal. If we can´t get that sorted in January then the second half of the season is going to be a right hard slog too.

That was a great effort from a severely weakened team.

None of Davies, Iwobi, Coleman, Baines, Keane, Holgate, DCL will have anything to do with a decent team at any point in the rest of their careers. They're either finished or not good enough. I'm fairly sure neither Bernard nor Richarlison were 100% fit either.

Not far off being a reserve XI that. Leicester gave that everything and needed the lottery of a shootout win.

Good effort. Time for Carlo.

This.

If you only show up for 20 minutes of a 90 minute game then that will happen

Those of us in Goodison need to take some of the blame as well. The place was dead until our first goal

On a big night like tonight you can't have everyone in the Gwladys street sitting down. Far too many kids and families in there tonight and it showed

I deserve just as much blame, as i sat down meekly with everyone else as I didn't want to be "that guy"

We deserved to lose and 2-2 flattered us

Absolutely gutted. I don't think I'll ever live to see Everton win another trophy

Always difficult mate, we were utterly atrocious for 70 mins, think the crowd tried but the players gave us nothing to build off until the goal.

I feel all the ‘bottle job’ shouts are way too harsh.

Threadbare team, rookie manager and we were 2-0 down against one of the better teams in the league, at full strength. To fight back to 2-2 is heartening.

We’ve got a top manager on the way and a dedicated caretaker manager in place. Let’s feel positive, we deserve to.

We are Everton not Tranmere Rovers. Our application for most of that game was pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.