Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the pathetic pens, we fought back well that second half.
However, blatantly obvious Carlo is going to have to earn every penny of his massive paycheck and hopefully have an equally massive transfer budget to sort this lot out.
Odd on we will spend big in Jan, I would think he has demanded that. So if he’s as good as people think he is he should be able to start to sort us out quick.

It´s 24 years since we´ve seen our team lift a trophy. There´s a lot of shame in that.

Totally agree.

I am appauled that Kenwright still lauds it up as the club slides ever more into obscurity.

Since the formation of the premier league this club has been mismanaged dreadfully.
Joe Royle's mid 90s side the only respite from misery.

I feel all the ‘bottle job’ shouts are way too harsh.

Threadbare team, rookie manager and we were 2-0 down against one of the better teams in the league, at full strength. To fight back to 2-2 is heartening.

We’ve got a top manager on the way and a dedicated caretaker manager in place. Let’s feel positive, we deserve to.
Agreed , we were gonna struggle with Keane anywhere near the starting line up .

Hate that rat Vardy always has the last laugh against us.

Would love us to smash them at GP next time around when our injuries are back and Carlo and Ibra are at the club.

Forza Toffees

I don't know if you've watched us under Silva but coming back from 2-0 down against an in-form team, after taking 4 points from 6 from two top clubs, is a step in the right direction.

Whereas you seem to expect us to win the Champions League tomorrow.

No, I don´t. I never expect us to win any game of football.

But it really shocks me how comfortable Evertons fans seem to be about losing. It´s seems perfectly acceptable. People applaud the players for putting some effort in for 45 minutes.

...I never make the mistake of celebrating too soon. Maybe you should try it?
Indeed. Hope you didn't hurt yourself jumping around your living room cheering when Baines missed.

Or did you wait until that miss was confirmed to have decided the shootout before you celebrated?

It always amazes me when footballers come up short with penalties. The amount of money they're paid, you'd think it was basic professionalism to practise and practise especially before a cup match.

Of course it's different in a situation like tonight but still. When we were kids we'd practise pens till it got dark.

Anyone who is still doing the sky is falling we might get relegated thing should turn it down a notch. 3 games with no real tactics and just a lot of effort was enough to get a win and two draws vs top half sides. We're going to be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.