Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
New manager bounce has done well for us. There are still huge issues all over the pitch. Mainly at centre half, the amount of battles they lost in that area of the pitch tonight is criminal. If we can´t get that sorted in January then the second half of the season is going to be a right hard slog too.
It is a horribly unbalanced squad. Even when healthy we have no quality out wide, limited at CB and a bunch of CMs that don't fit well.

No, I don´t. I never expect us to win any game of football.

But it really shocks me how comfortable Evertons fans seem to be about losing. It´s seems perfectly acceptable. People applaud the players for putting some effort in for 45 minutes.

That's not me. But I'm realistic. We were as bad as any team in this league under Silva; I'm looking for signs of incremental progress at the moment with the dross we have until we can get to a new transfer window under (hopefully) a good manager.

It's against the 2nd best team in the league (on form), who had an extra day to recover from their last match and aren't suffering half the 1st team out with injuries

The odds were stacked heavily against us, losing on pens after coming back from 2 - 0 down is a bloody lot better than what we endured under Silva with players showing no fight, small victories and all that

^
This.

Would have been a different result if that bald head warmonger scored his penalty. Holgate & DCL9 showing how to score penalties in what was unbearable pressure.

There's always FA Cup to win, don padre.

It is a horribly unbalanced squad. Even when healthy we have no quality out wide, limited at CB and a bunch of CMs that don't fit well.

If we had Jagielka and Lescott at centre half we would be a hell of a lot higher up the table. Our centre halves just aren´t good enough to grind a win out. Keane in particular shouldn´t even be at the club. We´ve simply got to get someone in during January to give us a foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.