Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be if he has recovered from Wednesday and is fit. 2 games in 3 days is a challenge for any full back his age though
Did it last season.

I expect an unchanged back 4 with only Garner coming in...it should be for Gueye who has stunk the place out for weeks.

I'd defo go for two strikers...who together could make one decent effort.

Did it last season.

I expect an unchanged back 4 with only Garner coming in...it should be for Gueye who has stunk the place out for weeks.

I'd defo go for two strikers...who together could make one decent effort.

I would like to see a couple of changes, but will wait to see what Lampard says later. There is normally a player or 2 unexpectedly unavailable for us when we play twice in a week.

No idea why Coleman would be dropped. He took care of Murphy against Newcastle. He's experienced and I dont see us giving Zaha space to run into behind.

Need more in attack. Coleman can't get over the halfway line at the moment. Wing backs need to do more.

Would love it if they went out and scored 3 or 4 against palace to make a point about themselves, and to show a bit of pride in themselves. It’s a big if though.

Tbh, if lewin isn’t even practicing shooting in training because of his frail body, I’d stick big keano up front and let him cause a bit of havoc. He’s proved to be a decent finisher with his head and feet over the years, and not always in the correct net! He’d have more of a presence than rondon up there at least.

Frank it has to be 4 - 4 - 2 - replacing both full backs too plus move the ball faster & get our players in the box to score for us our centre back pairing being so brilliant do we really need a defensive midfielder atm v a team we have to beat & should be capable of beating , but dont under estimate how fast they are in midfield plus with their wingers ....

It's a good time to freshen things up.

Would certainly start Garner. With it being a home game Vinagre is someone who should start sooner or later but Frank is probably just reluctant to disrupt the regular backline after all the issues last season.

Will go for 1-1 which will have feeling of not enough.

Starting fullbacks cannot be Coleman and Mykolenko again, they offer us absolutely nothing in possession.

Our wide attackers have been getting a lot of flack but in fairness to them there's never the option of the overlap with Coleman/Mykolenko and it takes out any fluidity from our attacks, we haven't stretched any defence in these past 3 games.

We've got midfielders now who have the legs and are capable of covering for full backs to properly get down the line.

Lampard needs to make some positive and proactive changes and get the entire team pushed further up the field and take the game to the opposition.
Well said. We have to push forward more. Its all very well having loads of the ball but we need to do something with it. Goals.

So it's fair to say a lot of enthusiasm and goodwill has been sucked out of us with 3 losses In a row and not too many shots on goal either . They were tough fixtures but we need to improve.
dcl-everton-palace-scaled.jpg

Next up is Crystal Palace at home . Last time we played them it was fairly tense and exciting I think . Can't remember much !
They ain't bad. But one we need to win.
3 games in a week we will probably see a little rotation. Maybe we see Holgate and Garner to start.

We will need to create more and get the crowd up for this. A bouncing Goodison is a tough place to go.
images (2).jpeg

So come on blues . Into these soft southerners and make us believe a little again.
UTFT

Worth noting that they’re missing their best midfielder, Doucoure, through suspension; he has a great engine and gets about the pitch impressively - I am hoping whichever 3 Everton midfielders take the field saturday that will be able to outwork and outplay Milivojevic, Schlupp and Eze!

Worth noting that they’re missing their best midfielder, Doucoure, through suspension; he has a great engine and gets about the pitch impressively - I am hoping whichever 3 Everton midfielders take the field saturday that will be able to outwork and outplay Milivojevic, Schlupp and Eze!
Doucoure’s only on 4 yellow cards I think so he should be available.

Would love to win this.

Can't lose it though

Given our form going forward, we can't expect to score a ton.

In reality a draw wouldn't be terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.