Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d bring Vinagre and Holgate in for this,Holgate hopefully to tighten up that right side and Vinagre fingers crossed to add something going forward,bring Garner in,possibly drop Gueye to the bench,McNeil in for Gordon if Calvert Lewin starts,give him a target,got to take the shackles off a little here I feel,could be risky,they are in form but we need these three points.

This is not an easy game, Palace have lost 3 games this season, Arsenal, City and Chelsea.
Also all the games they have won they have been behind so they obviously have fight.
I would be happy with a 1-0 win but a draw would not be the end of the world

Palace have looked decent while we look like a team with no inspiration and scared who pass it sideways and then back for a long cross diagonal ball and repeat.

Palace will be down their Doucoure - that's a huge miss for them as he's their midfield lynchpin. Play front foot football ? and we could really bother them centrally. Also the hope is Olise doesn't start - tends not to in away matches. He's a major talent

This will be the second time this season I get to watch the blues (first was west ham).
Given we have a 100% win record when I am watching, I expect this to continue

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 02.45.39.png

Honestly can't watch Gray or Gordon any more, so I went for a change as combined they have not offered anything all season.

Lump it into the box to DCL with Vinagre, Garner and McNeil and see what happens. The substitutions shouldn't cost us too much defensively, and at least we'll find out what Calvert-Lewin has in the tank.

Zaha's a flat track bully we can lock down with McNeil and a full back, and they have a striker the CBs have to shut off. That's it. We just have to find one moment of quality and eliminate the individual errors. Very doable.

James Garner has to play in this, in the few minutes he has played he looks like someone who is hungry for the ball and is constantly moving to receive it.

Would also swerve the wingers and play Iwobi just behind Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Mapauy

Pickford

Coleman Coady Tarkowski Myko

Garner Gana Onana

Iwobi

Dominic Calvert-Lewin Maupay
Yep, I've been saying we need to get rid of playing any of our useless wingers. I think your formation is as good as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.