Everton vs Arsenal 18/03/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye..

i'm off to bed in 10 mins or so. a 1am kick off is no fun when the alarm goes off at 6.30 in the morning!

Started great, AJ been running them ragged in the first five minutes.

Lehmann just cleared off the line from AJ.

Carsley hit the post....

Last edited:
Level at h/t is a fair reflection on this lively encounter. Aj, when given the chance runs at them hard, Fernandes has shown some lovely touches in midfield and Carsley has been a trojan. Vaughan has struggled but is trying hard and hasn't given up. Ossie I'm afraid flatters to decieve, his good moments, and yes there are some, are sadly eclipsed by his only too apparent weakness's, bullied off the ball on many occasions and his distribution has been woeful, IMO he has been the big weak link in a very good display. Highlights had to be Carsleys pile driver that rocked the upright and Fernandes beating the entire Gunners midfield within a matter of moments, the boy has skill a plenty.

Arsenal came more into it towards the close a threatened on more than one occasion, THo was upto it though. COYB we can win this.;) ;) ;) ;)

I told you all we could win it and we have;) Lehmann is one of the biggest moaning bastards I've ever come across, bad sportsmanship is now the model for the gooners, I was disgusted with some of their play acting tactics. In the end it could be argued that a draw would have been a fair result but we scored thanks to AJ so we won fair and square. It should also be remembered that we hit the woodwork twice:p . MOM, Lescott was a little below his normal standard today, Arteta work well, Carsley was his normal work horse self, Stubbs never put a foot wrong but my vote goes to Fernandes, his skill made my mouth water.

Be proud, be very proud all of you blues. I am going to get Latched now ;) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:

What a result, up to 6th one point behind bolton, I was half sleeping and half listening but that goal really woke me up, well happy now!!

COYB its time to kick on and secure that European football!!!

Well on my way mate, wine, whisky and guinness, blathered tonight and screw the doclol lol lol lol lol

Outstanding result from the boys today, just what the doctor ordered. For what it's worth, my ratings are:

Howard 7 - Did everything asked of him and showed a good willingness to spring quick attacks
Neville 7 - Mr Dependable as always, he didn't venture forward much but kept Rosicky quiet
Yobo 7 - Fine game by both Stubbs and Yobo limiting Arsenal to shots from distance
Stubbs 7 - Shows just why he's worth keeping for next year
Lescott 8 - Thought he was superb today and for a centre back showed good ability going forward
Carsley 9 - My man of the match, he was outstanding breaking up Arsenal attacks, his distribution was better than usual and was unlucky not to score with the scorcher that hit the post
Fernandes 7 - Showed real quality early on but as the game went on he tended to dwell on the ball a bit too much. Reminds me of Arteta when he first came here and definately worth keeping for next season.
Arteta 7 - Worked very hard as usual but didn't really do much in attack
Osman 6.5 - This match eptimosed the good and bad of Osman. As always he displayed good technique and supported the attacks well, he was unlucky not to score with his snapshot off the post, but he also showed that despite 100% effort he doesn't have the physical capabilities to play on the wing, either in attack or defence. A fine squad member but you feel we need to upgrade that position to progress.
Johnson 8 - Worked his socks off all game and took his goal really well. Him and Vaughan caused the Arsenal defence problems all game. If I was ultra-critical I'd like him to show a bit more strength and composure on the ball as he wasted a few decent opportunities but all in all he was outstanding.
Vaughan 7 - Fine performance by the youngster. I was surprised how good he was in the air as he won his share of headers and his pace was a constant menace.

All in all it was a superb performance by the side. In the first 30 minutes we played some really neat passing football and showed the traditional Moyes virtues of grit and determination when Arsenal picked things up in the second half. With the exception of Spurs the sides around us are stumbling so hopefully we'll use this result as a springboard to take us on a good run towards the end of the season and into Europe.

Great result. Ironic that a tabloid reported during the week that Wenger wanted to sign AJ but thought the price was too high!!!

Excellent win. I got back to me grans in time to see the whole second half. Went mental when AJ scored. I'm gonna have a good day tomorrow :p

Great performance, taking nothing away form the team or the manager but i feel were a couple of good wingers away from competing for a top 4 next season.

We have performed well and proven we can take points of the top four. IMO opinion we need more width to consistntly beat the teams in the middle of the leauge the likes of the Man City's, Wigans and Fulhams.

Id never fault the lad for effort or talent but i thought Ossie didnt have one of his better games, he frustrated me at times in his ball retention and distribution but having said that he ran all day, i think he is simply not a winger!

What can i say, that was a performance of grit and assurance, from the first whistle to the last we never gave them a chance to settle down, we played with pride and determination.
I thought Stubbs was magnificent today, his experience shone through, AJ ran himself to the ground for the cause and was rewarded for his work rate with a brilliantly taken goal through a packed penalty area, Howard caught everything that came his way and was as safe as houses, Fernandes showed why we should pull out all the stops to make his loan spell a permanent one, Carsley deserved a goal for his attitude and commitment, unlucky with that shot against the post, a great strike, Vaughan is learning all the time and showed enough to give us all hope that our future looks promising as far as strikers go.
The longer the game went on you just felt that we were going to score, when the hail came down our resolve and self belief went up even further, it was nothing more than we deserved, we matched them across the park and played some great football to boot, a special mention for the defence, they were as one, outstanding, they stood up to be counted and were not found wanting, i am one proud blue tonight.

You've only just got back from the match haven't you Sean, pissed as a fart I bet, greta win lad, still walking on clouds. Some stupid [Poor language removed] doing the Skytext report described it as a dull match, he must have been a gooner, [Poor language removed]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.