Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A screamer from our new signing!
1548854126235.jpeg

A couple of things to watch for. They attacked West Ham’s right a lot and created chances. Scored two set-pieces from the left. Gulp! One player who creates so much for them, keeps the work rate up and scores is Jota. He’s in a purple patch. Jimenez has 8 goals 5 assists. Score a fair bit on the counter.

As I said they can blow hot and cold. Still 2-1 for us. Pickford will need to be handy.

Has a corner been turned? Well, it's still a little premature for o'er-sanguine prognostication toward that regard.
However, something in my bones tells me that Wolves are in trouble here. I sense the mighty blue sword of Everton is raised, and ready to strike...and a hapless Wolves will feel the keenness of its honed-to-razor sharp blade...

In short: I feel we'll have the edge here...

...1-0 to the Lion-Hearts in Blue!!!

Has a corner been turned? Well, it's still a little premature for o'er-sanguine prognostication toward that regard.
However, something in my bones tells me that Wolves are in trouble here. I sense the mighty blue sword of Everton is raised, and ready to strike...and a hapless Wolves will feel the keenness of its honed-to-razor sharp blade...
In short: I feel we'll have the edge here...
...1-0 to the Lion-Hearts in Blue!!!

I feel like it is us who tend to have the Sword of Damocles hanging over us. Could that be about to change? Fetch Excalibur we’re going in.

Hope I'm wrong, but I fear we're going to lose this 1-3

I'm hoping for (but doubt Silva goes for it):

...................Pickford......................
Coleman.....Mina....Zouma......JJK
.......Davies..Gomes...Siggy..........
....Lookman..Tosun...Richarlison..

Mina and Jagielka injured, Baines and Digne out.

No other choice but to play Kenny left back. Which means Coleman, Keane and Zouma are the others in defence.

Gueye gone, Davies impressed against Huddersfield and no further competition in midfield so it'll be Davies and Gomes.

Bernard did alright but wasn't that impressive against Huddersfield, while Sigurdsson was alright. Tosun and Richarlison were good. I'd put Walcott in for Bernard as he must surely be fully fit and raring to play again.

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Zouma
Kenny
Davies
Gomes
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Richarlison
Tosun

Status