Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We never looked like scoring so I won't say we were unlucky despite being the better side for the majority of the game, just like our previous home game.

Everyone knew the issues within the squad - especially the main one being lack of goals - but the Club haven't acted accordingly and we've now lost two home games against sides expected to be fellow relegation candidates this season. An able and ready striker in the squad and we could've had 6 points on the table already.

Pickford looked nervy at times
Branthwaite needs to start every game now.
Tarks lost track of his player, leading to Patterson having to try cover fornthe goal. Not Patterson fault, on tarks that, but some people have an agenda against patts so he gets the blame. Tarks is a good player but thats on him.
Danjuma looked good but playing a winger as CF is never the answer.
Gana needs replacing with Garner.
Chermiti and Cannon both had game time now, get them starting in a 442.
Dyche, make better changed and make them sooner!

But he hasn’t continued with the same side: he made changes today.

And as you quite rightly point out, our players are abysmal. Who else does he play at left back? Mykolenko? He was horrendous last season. And who plays at right back?

His hands are tied behind his back by terrible recruitment, yet he still manages to set his team up to create more chances than we concede (with the obvious exception of the Villa game where he admitted he got it wrong). He can’t do much more than that.
That’s fair enough.

Christ we’re terrible.

Remember these were the game we needed to pick up points. the hard streak is coming. bye bye premiership. It has been coming.

moshiri and kenwright. disgusting people who have destroyed our once great football team.
Sometimes history tells me we do better against the better teams. Perhaps im mad. I mean shows how crap Wolves and Fulham are when they set up for a smash and grab against us.

Do you really think this?
Yes I do. Most English teams currently would struggle. We have a very good top 4 maybe 5 but the rest are pretty average therefore at best mid table European leagues (such as Spain, Germany, France, Italy) maybe nearer top 8 in Dutch, Belgian leagues. Other leagues top 5

Gone for a walk and calmed down, a bit. Will invariably watch the highlights and all the cr*ppy commentary about our situation blah blah blah. Fact is I still think we'll get it together. McNeil is key to how we break and will get a better delivery into the box. Harrison will add quality and hopefully Beto and Chermiti can add a bit of quality up top. As rubbish as we have been, we have been a bit unlucky too which has to change right? Right?? Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.