Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All comes from 2 footballers in Digne and Bernard actually putting 2 passes together rather than the utter dross the rest have aevednup.

Interesting that the goal was actually made by qualify play from Gana, Kenny and Sigurdsson, but that wouldn’t fit the preconceived notions of who is good or not.

Gana has been great in the first half, Schneiderlin a non entity as usual - not sure what on earth he offers.

His father just passed away I think. When he gave that ball away just looked like his head wasn’t with the game... understandably. Difficult for Silva. Probably asked him if he was ok to play, and trusted the answer - what else could he do.

His Dad died yesterday. I didnt realise till earlier either, but I think what you suggested is a likely scenario.

His father just passed away I think. When he gave that ball away just looked like his head wasn’t with the game... understandably. Difficult for Silva. Probably asked him if he was ok to play, and trusted the answer - what else could he do.

It,s the managers call not the player...Silva learning curve better ramp up quick

Interesting that the goal was actually made by qualify play from Gana, Kenny and Sigurdsson, but that wouldn’t fit the preconceived notions of who is good or not.

Gana has been great in the first half, Schneiderlin a non entity as usual - not sure what on earth he offers.

It was made easy for them by the play on the left hand side sucking in players. All Gueye had to do was pass it wide (which he almost messed up) and Kenny to cross both under zero pressure. Good header though.

With Carsley and Arteta we had Arteta the passer.

Even with Osman in CM, his ball distribution was alright, he could make basic forward passes.

With Mccarthy and Barry and though a DM by trade, Barry's ball distribution was excellent.

Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies' ball passing and possession retention isn't just horrendous, none of them offer you the goals from midfield.

But everyone will just blame a striker.

With McCarthy and Barry you also had Barkley who'd pick the ball up and drive.

Gana played more forward passes and linked defence to attack more than any player that first half. And he's not that player hence why it didn't always come off.

His strengths are to win the ball and pass it to a footballer. We don't have that in the middle. It's also infuriating when a so called number 10 in Siggurdson doesn't drop deep and help out.

Problem with Tosun is that he's isolated. He has no one to link up with. Its the same for Sigurdsson. Once in possession near the final third, he needs players making intelligent runs to link up with them.

Get Richarlison or Walcott as our number 9 soon, and stick the other one in he opposite wing to Bernard with Sigurdsson in the middle - then we may be on to something. Tosun is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.