Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully we can't have a midfield of Delph and Schneiderlin at the weekend, but just you watch him go and drop the former and keep the latter in alongside Gomes!

At least Delph puts himself about and has a bit of passion. We just need Gomes to remember he's a decent player and those two could look alright paired.

West Ham is the perfect time to get Sigurdsson out of the team in place of Iwobi, but clearly that'll be far too much to ask and Bernard will again find himself out of the team, meaning Digne will be wasted on the field again.

I'd start (not going to divert from 4231 as we know that won't change) Kean, Iwobi, Bernard and Sidibe in place of Calvert Lewin, Sigurdsson and Coleman, Iwobi in the middle.

Expecting a point maximum.
I think simply switching Gylfi for Iwobi actually puts us in something closer to a 4-3-3 anyway because 1) Iwobi doesn't play that far forward as a second striker, and 2) Iwobi has shown that he can and does cover more ground in the middle of the pitch which eliminates the huge gap between forwards and our deep lying midfield.

Win win situation this - a win and I can celebrate and a loss I can Boo Silva out of the ground forever - lovely.

It's not win-win though is it, because you'll be the first on here crying and moaning that we are in the bottom 3 still and theres no guarantee Silva will be sacked if we lose is there?

Yeah a draw will give him Brighton and the cup sadly.

Imagine having owners with the balls/ambition of Liverpool who sacked there manager after a draw away in a Merseyside Derby - we would be giving said manager a new contract.

Thats the very reason why one merseyside club is 1st and the other 18th in the table - levels.

No,. money is the main reason.

Oh no that's bang on, fella. We have won multiple away games in the past 10 months though...
But I saw it on the internet.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.