Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still gonna be a tough one this but the rest is huge for us.

Probably would keep it the same at the back - we just look so much more solid with the four CBs in there.

Davies in the middle with Doucoure and Gylfi. Richarlison back in. Toss up between Bernard and Iwobi.

James will be available but no need to throw him straight back in. Would much rather have him there to come off the bench.

We just need to make sure that not playing yesterday hasn't thrown us. The rest is good, just need to be fully focused.

Yep, got to come straight out of the blocks and be aggressive. If Rodriguez is fit I'd give him a game in place of Gylfi who deserves a 20 match rest.

Like you I'd be very tempted to stick with the same solid back 4 but I guess with Iwobi in front of Coleman we do have a bit more going forward plus not too bad defensively.

Gylfi is ahead of Gomes and Davies in the pecking order and with allans injury he will easily still be in the first xi for West Ham even if Rodriguez comes in
Don't know why should Carlo even think of putting Siggy out of squad, the way he play on last few games is great. Like he have something to prove, and I am ok with that.

What's the actual rule regarding the concussion protocol? Is Richarlison even eligible to play against West Ham? If he and Rodriguez are cleared to play, give them both 30 minutes off the bench.

Olsen
Coleman Keane Mina Godfrey
Doucoure Davies
Iwobi Gylfi Bernard
DCL

Going to be a tough one this. Like him not, Moyes knows how to carve out a result, and he seems to do better when he has his back against the wall. Hopefully, the rest will have done our players the world of good and we'll get a comfortable win instead of making a meal of things... I'm not so sure though.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey

Doucouré Davies
Iwobi Sigurdsson Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

EFC.png

WHU.png

That's... short. Is it simply a tick-box exercise that is based on a passage of days? NFL and Rugby Union have rather more stringent requirements.

It is a series of tests apparently over those six days as well.

He will have the best possible medical care. I wouldn't worry about the protocols in place.

The only consideration Everton now seem to have going in to this match is whether to start James over Iwobi.

Pickford
Docoure Davies
James Sigurdsson Richarlison
DCL

Olsen, Holgate, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gomes, Gordon, Bernard, Iwobi, Tosun​

No play Holgate have Coleman on the bench.

Going to be a tough one this. Like him not, Moyes knows how to carve out a result, and he seems to do better when he has his back against the wall. Hopefully, the rest will have done our players the world of good and we'll get a comfortable win instead of making a meal of things... I'm not so sure though.

Pickford

Doucouré Davies
Iwobi Sigurdsson Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

View attachment 112459 1

View attachment 112460 1

1609261945884.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.