• West Ham

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I watch it the more I think the same thing.

He bounced straight back up and tried to get the ball.

If it had been a dive surely he would have stayed down.

I personally think he dived, realised he had made a tit out of himself and shot back up instantly because he knew it was wrong - hence no appeal. Not for a second do I think he lost his balance as he left his leg hanging in mid air hoping for a tackle. Hopefully it will be the first and last time we see it happen anyway.

I think Barkley went down expecting to get a touch off Nolan. Tbh I think he got up and carried on because he thought 'I've made a tit of myself here'.

Drawing the tackle is part of the game.
We've had some players do it brilliantly- for several seasons Pienaar was the most fouled player in the league. Arteta before him.
Barkley dived. There was ZERO contact. There's nothing laudable about that. It is most definitely not part of the game. Don't accept it.

Nobody likes to see it and in an ideal world it wouldn't happen. The problem is all the top teams for the past 20 years or so have done it therefore it is a part of the game. Martinez said after Chelsea game lad season that we need to start being more ruthless . If that means simulation and trying to influence the refs decision then do it because everyone else will be

I personally think he dived, realised he had made a tit out of himself and shot back up instantly because he knew it was wrong - hence no appeal. Not for a second do I think he lost his balance as he left his leg hanging in mid air hoping for a tackle. Hopefully it will be the first and last time we see it happen anyway.

Wasn't he booked for diving last season?

Should EFC appeal against Mccarthy yellow considering it was a throw in n not a foul or did he get it for abuse or something?

Another poor performance is worrying, I know we were missing a few key components today, but our general play has been poor for the majority of the season. Our attacks seem to take forever to build up, and always leave the opposition time to regroup. I'm hoping we hit a run of good form sometime soon. The only positive recently is that even when playing badly, results have gone in our favor.

And what's the wording of the advantage rule? For our second, Clattenburg came back after awarding the goal and then booked Collins, presumably for his hacking down Lukaku. As he was the last man, why didn't Collins get a straight red? Is it because we went on to score anyway?

Yeah :

If the referee applies advantage during an obvious goalscoring opportunity and
a goal is scored directly, despite the opponent’s handling the ball or fouling an
opponent, the player cannot be sent off but he may still be cautioned.

Another poor performance is worrying, I know we were missing a few key components today, but our general play has been poor for the majority of the season. Our attacks seem to take forever to build up, and always leave the opposition time to regroup. I'm hoping we hit a run of good form sometime soon. The only positive recently is that even when playing badly, results have gone in our favor.
We're playing nowhere near the level we were last season. A pale shadow of ourselves.

As you say, we are very ponderous in building attacks. We have too many players getting regular game time who have brought the average pace of our attack down considerably. Mirallas and Barkley being out hasn't helped, but we are relying way too much on people like Osman, Hibbert, Naismith, Pienaar and McGeady who have little by way of genuine pace. Not having the likes of Deulofeu and Oviedo available now (for different reasons) adds to the problem.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but absolutely love this from Nais!

5RxlGM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.