Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What frig is going on here? I seen this vid and spoke out loud to myself, the missus said “what’s up?” Didn’t tell her cos she’d think it was a good idea. Since then, I’ve been bombarded by my loveable red friends laughing at us. Whosever idea this was needs sacking.
If you're on about the flags, I couldn't disagree more. So many Evertonians embrace negativity, clinging to it like a limpet. Look in the league cup thread ("fully expect us to lose"), the Iwobi thread ("he created more chances than any Arsenal player but he's gash lad") and the reaction to JP Gbamin being thrown in at the deep end against Palace.

It's draining for me never mind the players. The lad(s?) who started this campaign to improve the atmosphere at Goodison have done brilliantly, and surprise, surprise, it's coincided with our best run for years.

Stop being a bunch of negative ninnys and give the team the support they need.

No, bring flags if you want. But any club dishing out flags before games is cringy and it’s not Everton. That’s not us. Hopefully it’s short lived.
My lad and many other volunteers spent all afternoon in the pissin rain setting this out all round the ground, they're the younger generation of blues and the future, so if it's OK by them then it's fine for an arl arse like me.

We will see tomorrow sur . Lucky to get a draw against them Last season if your using last years form .

tenor.gif

I think they'll try and out muscle us tomorrow, we'll have to win personal battles early doors. Both sets of fans should be up for it, first home game of the season for us and a weird obsession / faux rivalry for them.

I think Watford will struggle this season and doubt their manager will be employed by them beyond Christmas. They are in a slump including an embarrassing cup final humiliation.

That being said given what we have available in midfield because of injuries and suspension I think we'll have to go on the attack from early and finish chances that come our way much better.

It would be nice to see Kean and Iwobi start but I can't see it.

A high scoring victory would be pleasant.

No, bring flags if you want. But any club dishing out flags before games is cringy and it’s not Everton. That’s not us. Hopefully it’s short lived.
there was probably someone complaining about z cars being played as the teams come out. 'let the other teams play entrance music, it's cringy, not us'.
Now I'm not a huge fan of thousands of tiny flags, but I've no problem with giving it a go.
I've got a bigger problem with this 'that's not us' idea.
What is us?
Waiting for someone to be wrongly booked so goodison gets angry? all well and good for the 5% of the season it actually happens, other than that it's booing and the occasional random chants.
Flags are encouraged at Wembly but not Goodison yadayada.
The atmosphere looked great for the last few games of the season and it's the same bunch who organized that doing this. They deserve a go at generating an atmosphere tomorrow
Anyhoo, enjoy the game!

Obviously it’s just a remarkable coincidence that we get Lee Mason for the SIXTH time in the barely 20 PL games he’s been given in the last 12 months a mere THREE times the statistical probability
Do you have the results/opponents in those previous 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.