Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman has it hard because Walcott can't or won't really defend, that's made Coleman look so bad lately, play Bernard on the right as he does track back better than Walcott, also I would play Digne up higher on the left and bring Baines back In at LB.

I look at it the opposite way. Coleman interferes too much that Walcott is driven inside. When Coleman is getting forward it is also up to either the CB to cover or one of the midfielders. McCarthy used to do that well with Coleman.

I'm normally the first person to call for the manager's head when things aren't going well, but today was a total aberration. We've actually played well in recent weeks. Even at Anfield we were worth at least a draw. Let's not have a kopite-esque meltdown because of one heavy defeat.

We should have been 2-0 up you know, could have been a different game.

Too many errors, not clinical enough with the final ball or shot.

Davies and Schneiderlin were a shambles in that midfield, left our defence exposed time and time again.

Yeah the ref was terrible particularly in the duel between Calvert-Lewin and Sanchez who got away with murder all afternoon i thought, but a 2-0 lead wouldn't have been enough anyway with that clown in goal.

How many games can actually go by before our reactions at not knee jerk surely no reaction is knee jerk now after these last 5 games.
Silva imo is very much like Martinez in style of play, Martinez's problem was he didn't know what to do when things were going wrong then it just got worse and worse, Koeman was the same. Moyes was a lot better a recovery got back to basics and we improved. Where I hope Silva is different is I hope he get use back to the basics and we can start to build again ( but his end at Watford worries me) but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.