Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My take on the game, we put a shift in, pressed them and didn't allow them to settle. Footy wise it was a crap game from 2 struggling teams. I turned to my lad after about 30 mins and said the game had 0-0 written all over it. At the end of the day though at least we showed a bit of improvement.

It was a deserved red for Holgate IMO and the pen decision after looking at it over and over last night I'm still not 100% sure, it does look like Loris gets something on the ball but as I say, I'm not 100%. Keane was MOM for me, put in some important tackles and interceptions and looked solid.

Daz1878

Player Valuation: £6m
Was good to put the effort in and stop the rot — although I think most will feel that 1 point isn't enough, given our post-international break fixtures.

DanEFC92

Player Valuation: £70m
Can't get my head around the pen decision.

Richarlison had the ball, and would have had an open goal to shoot at. And the ref gives Lloris the drop ball???

Did they even review Reguillon taking out Gordon?

We were shafted in 3 incidents there.

degsy

Mascoteer; Life's been good to me so far...
Talking to my Spurs pal in Brighton and he said the fans were surprised at how dirty we've become. The School of Science has gone a bit rough!
I said you must have missed the Watford match.
"Come in Josh - welcome back. The goal's over there, help yourself etc"
Nothing new, that was the excuse when they lost the League to us in 1963.
The Southern Press were all over it, they thought the sun shone out of their whitehart lane backsides...much like the rs now.

f.t.r.s

Player Valuation: £30m
Can't get my head around the pen decision.

Richarlison had the ball, and would have had an open goal to shoot at. And the ref gives Lloris the drop ball???

Did they even review Reguillon taking out Gordon?

We were shafted in 3 incidents there.
Surely you wait and see what richarlison does with the ball before going to v.a.r, afterall if he bends it in top corner do we actually need the pen?
The only team benefitting from that decision is Tottenham which is baffling

ToffeeM4n

Player Valuation: £750k
Var is used only for "clear and obvious errors"

I don't understand how this was a clear and obvious error by the referee for VAR to overturn his decision.

IMG_20211108_135254.jpg

sdk

Player Valuation: £30m
I wonder, if Richarlison had stayed down and the ball gone out of play, would the ref have blown for a penalty at all?

But that's paranoia on my part. Obviously VAR was the real problem yesterday, and the problem with VAR was that Moss was on the other side of the building, huffing and puffing to catch up to it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
Under The Lights
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks