Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of the pundits actually praised Everton for the spirit we shown tonight or is it still let’s talk more about Spurs and where it went wrong for them.

Bet they’re gutted BT Sport. See how quickly they threw the Spurs chants on as soon as they went ahead or equalised.
comical goals

did they not see what mina did and the defending for their corners?

True...but without him that game finished 2-1 to Spurs.
He messed up twice defensively but made amends with a penalty and three assists.
Hey you are right he migth have been better leaving him and defending the goal line but he had his best game in a blue shirt since United under Silva. The weird thing is we have been so good defensively this season but we ha our pockets picked..

I moaned all through the game but I am not moaning now. We have a crap squad, lose some of our best players and still won. Brilliant. Bournemouth at home please.

You are a meme.

Im not arsed about the cup this year la

You know yourself (or you bang on about it enough) that we are shackled by FFP - only way Carlo gets his rebuild is if this club is in Europe and I dont see a squad big enough to be finishing top 6 and coping with injuries to key players in multiple cup comps.

Big risk tonight - great win but unless we go all the way and win the thing ultimately a pointless one.

Its a
I hope everyone now stops the “Everton that” comments. The tide is truly

With coming back from 2 goals down on Saturday and now recovering from blowing a 2 goal lead, Id like to think that our mentality has really improved - in recent years, both of those games would have seen us finish on the losing side. While there were plenty of flaws on our part in both games, our ability to dig in for the result has been impressive. Teams like Spurs often seem to get the edge (or luck) in games like the one we saw tonight, so nice to see us rewriting the same tired old script. UTFT.
You are spot on.

Whole different mentality. Previously we would have been thumped in both games but something has changed.

Onwards and upwards!

Enjoy Blues.

You wrote it for me Eggs. Exactly, 100% how I saw that game. Another pre-season under Carlo and big Doucoure will be the best of his type in Europe. Big claim, but I see it unfolding...absolute machine with a sackful of technical ability too. Richarlison, Tommy D, Sigurdsson, Godfrey and young Seamie were tremendous.
Tom, my motm but Doucoure is some player, Has he ever even a mediocre game. Rico v good too and Seamus great when he came on.

Wow. Just about calmed down. Unbelievable. Think I’m gonna sleep for a week after that. Just such a shame none of us could’ve been there tonight, imagine leaving the ground after that, I’d be floating back to Walton park. I’ve honestly at times never wanted to see Tom Davies play for us again, but cos he’s proving me wrong. He’s been outstanding the past few games, seems to have that desire to turn forwards when he receives the ball like he did when he first came into the side. He’s defo been learning from Allan too, his positioning has really come on Motm for me, but Godfrey and Doucoure get a mention as does Olsen. Sod it give the lot of them motm.

Time to go and blast spirit of the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.