Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge game. Could kick start our entire season if we win.

I can’t quite decide whether we are odds on to go down, will be fairly safe or comfortably mid table/pushing top half. Season could go anywhere atm.

Need to get into the habit of winning games again.

In an ideal world......

View attachment 181701

Not convinced that Gana will get the nod though, or that we'll even go 4-3-3 for this..
Gana and Onana in front of the back 4 with Iwobi further forward could work. Don't think we'll see the best from McNeil until we have a decent target man playing - think he'd provide more crosses than direct threat himself so seeing him as a Richy replacement he's always gonna suffer. With Maupay / DCL to aim for I reckon he could do a better job as a provider than Gray could.

We absolutely have to play 3 in central midfield.

In an ideal world it would be Gana , Onana and Iwobi but you would worry about Gana's lack of game time.

This.

1662116024872.jpeg

I found myself wondering who the ref is and then remembered I dislike all of them and they’re all going to be big kopite cheats tomorrow so who cares

Gordon to terrorise the best right back in the world again definitely
Maupay to wind up the best CB of all time
Gueye to have a MOTM homecoming whilst Onana and Iwobi make things happen?

Coady to slam in a last minute own goal and dive into the away end? ?

Time will tell!

Just get Gordon running at Alexander-Arnold. That's the key.

…..it could be the key match-up in the game. Not so much running at TAA, but exploiting the space when he goes upfield. As I’ve posted earlier TAA is a real attacking threat and we need to defend that, Patterson/McNeil would be ideal if not on the other flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.