Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A win here would be a massive boost for morale but it's gonna be tough. Pochetino teams always seem to outwork us and that is unforgivable. I reckon Stones will be stung by his last couple of performances and will put in a motm display. Well in chico

Less than 8% polled think that changing the manager is the solution right now, expected that to be a lot higher @davek.
14 votes for it.

Here's the Plotters holding their annual general meeting:

JS79438577JPG.jpg

Got a sneaky feeling we are going change our style a bit. Less cavalier full backs and just letting the few attackers trying to create something. Feel if we play our normal way then Spurs could punish us more than the likes of Leicester and Stoke. Well something has to change to tighten up the defence and DM but will be at the expense of our usual attacking prowess.

Not clue at defending. No clue at set pieces. No intimidation at Goodison anymore. Up against a team that has scored TWO less than us but conceded THIRTEEN less than us. I'd love us to defy the odds but I can't see it. Happy New Year blues.

Not clue at defending. No clue at set pieces. No intimidation at Goodison anymore. Up against a team that has scored TWO less than us but conceded THIRTEEN less than us. I'd love us to defy the odds but I can't see it. Happy New Year blues.
That's the (Christmas) spirit.

Spurs have best defence in the league, that will be a good test for our forwards. It is our defence that concerns me in this match. I would have thought the way to play Spurs was to push up on them, way a reasonably high line and have the goal keeper playing a sweeper type role. As we have a keeper who is terrified to leave his line that type of game is not an option.
We'll have to sit back and try and soak up pressure. I'm not sure we can do that. Can see Spurs beating us very easily tomorrow.
The hope is still there that everything will fall into place and we will provide them with a footballing masterclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.