Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Punished for our passivity in the first half, I really thought we’d learned how to play on the front foot from the off and use the Goodison crowd to or advantage from the run of home games we’ve had. Hopefully it was an off day and not a revert to mid 18/19.

Going 1-0 down from their only corner was a blow but shouldn’t have had our heads down as much.

There was a good reaction to the first 2 subs which were good, 4-4-2 playing on the front foot. The Walcott sub was horrendous though, was he playing right back or right wing, honestly couldn’t tell what positions some players were playing in the last 20. Poor stuff from Silva it has to be said.

Hopefully we keep our names in the hat midweek and give a big performance against City.
City will take us apart !!!!

A proper sorry state of affairs, that.

We are hopeless at the moment. Getting beat at home 2-0 by Sheffield United is unforgivable.

I am once again, falling out of love with Everton. Rather than my usual post match seethe, I am just becoming numb to this. I actually started laughing at intervals of play in the last 10 minutes.

I am by no means a "Silva Out" advocate, as I still think he will steer us back on track but he has a monumental job ahead.

I like your optimism, we are enduring another Silva crash that we saw mid season last season for 2 months, surely we arent getting anywhere keep having these periods. Perhaps he doesnt pull out of this one with just 6 points on the board!!! Another wasted season.....

Awful. All that possession and hardly a shot on target. By the time our c'b's get the ball up it's like facing a brick wall. We need Zouma to partner Keane - or someone else. Mina ain't good enough. Not only his fault as the rest were as bad - but for all his size he can't win headers. We must be a joy to play against when we give away set pieces.

Tbf, I thought he was fouled for the first but the second was terrible....deserved nothing, got nothing.....

Pete, as it was on Youtube I was able to watch it several times. There was contact between Pickford and their player but it was marginal. Maybe one ref in 10 would have given a free kick. Pickford should have clattered him out of the way. He was weak.

Just boring ! Think the only time the crowd stood up in lower bullens was when there was a scuffle after Bernard got pushed over ! Apart from that only got off my seat to go get a drink ! Completely abysmal game !

Status
Not open for further replies.