Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about trying to beat a man ? Even with my 100 year old knees I'd give it a go. Absolutely devoid of any skill or trickery ; it pains me.

I hope the club doesn’t insult us by putting out any statements from players saying “we know we need to improve”,”we are behind the manager” etc etc. Just put out a team that plays in a different formation to the first half and try and look as though you care.

They'll be a statement about the "new stadium" pretty sharpish I would imagine & many will swallow it.

Gameplan at 0-0 = pass about the backline, wait to go down the wing and cross to 3 big CB's against 1 striker.

Gameplan at 1-0 down = pass about the backline, wait to go down the wing and cross to 4 big CB's against 2 strikers.

Gameplan at 2-0 down = cross some more against a back 6/7 that Sheff Utd had expecting the same garbage over and over.

I have never in my life seen a manager make 2 or 3 changes in a game and still have the same shocking get it wide and cross mentality.

7 points from Palace, Villa, Bournemouth, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Watford.

Get in the bin.

Scoring two goals on two shots is riding your luck. Sitting deep and not trying to really attack for an entire half is riding your luck.

They got lucky they were playing a team that has no idea how to attack.

But they defended properly and made themselves hard to play against. We don´t do that away from home. We play the game like we´re City or Liverpool.

fancy a well organised and hard working unit beating us ...

who'd have thought it
They will not get an easier game all season - we take to long to get the ball to the danger area - we have lost as soon as he selects the team - if things don't improve - taxi for Silva......
even the useless Tosun was waving his arms gestring move it forwards quicker , and he had only been on 5 minutes - I will reiterate we could have a class striker up front - world class, and he would struggle to score in that set up of a side - in the old days fans use vote with their feet can't do that with all the season tickets sold up.....

This mess ultimately lies at the door of Moshiri, he makes the decision to sack a manager, surely he can see it is time?

Everyone raving about Moise Kean, not seen a sinle thing to suggest he will be anything other than ordinary.... I know its early days but we are 3 points off the drop zone with City next in the league who hit 8 today. No positives whatsoever.....

But they defended properly and made themselves hard to play against. We don´t do that away from home. We play the game like we´re City or Liverpool.
I don't think we'd be happy if we went away to Bournemouth and got outshot 15 to 2 even if we did win. I know I'd be glad to win and asking questions by Monday.

And making yourselves hard to play against still is admission that you aren't good enough and if the other team clicks you can't win. It's praying for luck.

He scored a header last week, and he is stronger than Kean whose sole contribution today was one wild shot over the bar.
His first in 12(?) games. More typically it balloons off his 50p head over the bar or wide, or on the occasion where it is on target, straight at the opposition goalkeeeper. He's not even remotely close to the level of Cahill or even Fellaini. Mina similarly is nowhere near that level offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.